Culebra and Vieques

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jerryshaffer

Reaction score
We are thinking of a week on Culebra or Vieques next August.
Are we crazy, given the hurricane threats?

We have heard that Culebra has no grocery stores. Is that true?

What about the dive operations on those islands?

Jerry

Jerry, can't comment on Vieques, but I dove Culebra in December. Culebra is a very quite island without a lot of amenities. It is beautiful, but if you're looking for a resort - this ain't the place :D

The only dive op on Culebra right now (that I know of) is Culebra Divers. Their website is www.culebradivers.com

Jerry, you might want to post this in the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas forum.

Jerry,

If you have not gone on your trip yet, please check out my friend's new dive op in Culebra...Aquatic Adventures (http://www.culebradive.com/). Aug. is a decent time to go..no crowds on the beaches and cheaper rates. My wife and I have been diving Culebra with Taz Hamrick for several years and many more to come. While he does not have a shop, his operation is very professional, the boat is great, and he is great fun. The only two ops in Culebra are Aquatic Adventures and Culebra Divers..both are 6 pack diving only. Taz's dives include lunch and are cheaper than Walter and Monica's op at Culebra Divers. You can make reservations by phone or email only. I highly suggest you give him a call...tell him Todd and Shellie sent you....
There are pics listed in the Dive Directory..just search on Aquatic Adventures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom