Cuba??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

galscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wanting to go to Cuba in 2018. Anyone know of any reputable dive shops or group tours that are going?

Is this the people-to-people program?

I am wanting to go to Cuba in 2018. Anyone know of any reputable dive shops or group tours that are going?
Careful, if you set this up yourself, you are liable to run afoul of US laws. US citizens cannot go to Cuba except for special purposes.

Yea, that's why I was wanting a group/tour to handle it through the people-to-people program.

Yea, that's why I was wanting a group/tour to handle it through the people-to-people program.
Your best diving is the Gardens of the Queen, and you do that through Aggressor and its 501(c)3 foundation.

hello tursiops, now you can to go to cuba under 12 licenses. It is not necessary a program people to people.
FACT SHEET: Treasury and Commerce Announce Regulatory Amendments to the Cuba Sanctions
you can get your visa with American airlines, for example, I think this is a solvent company. you can call it and ask how this work. In our trips we have people of all nationalities and not only american people. We sell the garden of the Queens too. This is a liveaboard, one week, another kind of travel with hardly any contact with the Cuban people.
In any case, you muss ask in USA what you need to travel legally to Cuba.
Thanks

hello tursiops, now you can to go to cuba under 12 licenses. It is not necessary a program people to people.
Those are the same 12 categories of licenses in the original law, but most do not apply to a visit based around recreational scuba diving.
We sell the garden of the Queens too. This is a liveaboard, one week,
I assume this is the stationary liveaboard?
In any case, you muss ask in USA what you need to travel legally to Cuba.
Excellent advice.

Excuse me, I do not want to fool anyone. I feel some discomfort in his words. If someone wants to do a diving trip in Cuba, I offer it with pleasure, I do not offer to travel illegally to Cuba. I'm sorry you did not like my words, not advice.

Back
Top Bottom