Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OTE]DeepSeaFox once bubbled...
Why would anyone support a regime such as the one operating in Cuba that ....[/QUOTE]

I was wondering do you own a car that entirely run on electricity? If not then you have been funding terrorism. By buying petroleum products you've been paying the Saudi government, which in turn had been paying "protection" money to terror organizations so they wouldn't get attacked. Very recently they've discovered that it wasn't working anymore. Also the Saui government uses torture on regular basis, women aren't allowed to drive.

How many of us buy Chinese made products or ever visited China(which includes Hong Kong since 1999)? China still cracks down on dissedents and is trying to wipe out the Tibetan culture.

Why is Cuba being targeted? Maybe because Florida is so close to it? Cuba is no where near the threat that Saudi Arabia is.

crazed_dolphin once bubbled...

I was wondering ...

Why is Cuba being targeted? Maybe because Florida is so close to it? Cuba is no where near the threat that Saudi Arabia is. [/B]

It seems that the sarcasim in my message went over your head.

Do you know who is doing the things I described ?

Sorry about that, I was wondreing about that. Especially the last sentence. You are refering to the US confinement of prisoners in Gitmo( Guantanamo, Cuba) along with some other things.

BTW, looks like you're close to where I am. I'm in Kanagawa-ken.

crazed_dolphin once bubbled...
You are refering to the US confinement of prisoners in Gitmo( Guantanamo, Cuba) along with some other things.

No, I was just trying to be ironic about Guantanamo.

It just seems unfathomable that the US is still peeved with Cuba for reasons that noone alive can clearly remember, such that they stop their citizens diving there for no currently relavent reason.

Yet... the same government are hapilly using Cuban soil to put themselves outside all international laws and acting beyond the moral limits of any developed society.

Oh and your correct, I live in Shinagawa, not too far at all.

Well to answer some of the questions, the diving in Cuba is awesome. Pristine reefs, lots of fish, wrecks are nice too.

I have met some americans while down there. They tell me that they do not get their passports stamped. So if your passport is not stamped then they have to prove that not only you went there but that you spent money.

I have been to Cuba a bunch of times and the food and diving were great. The people are super friendly. They invite you right into their homes, and share their modest lifestyle with you.

I am sorry that you poor americans can't join me. :(

raviepoo once bubbled...
This farce of an embargo is perpetuated by politicians who value the latino vote in the state of Florida.

This is so true. The Berlin Wall fell not due to an embargo but due to the creep of capitalism and the desire for a better life. Cuban communism won't fall until the embargo is lifted. The personal hatred by Cuban-Americans of Fidel Castro makes them want the embargo. Politicians wanting their vote and their money do what they want. Hell Bush wouldn't be president if it weren't for the Cuban-American vote and he's pandering to them again.

My wife is one of those Cuban-Americans and it took me years to have her see the light over this issue. Even now it bothers her to see this fact, she hates Castro so much.

Hoping that Cuba opens up and that old deeds and titles (smuggled out) hold as my wife's family has lots of shore property there. The deeds in old East Germany held for West Germans so maybe, just maybe we can have Cuban shore property one day.

DSDO

Alan

For Cuba from Mexico. Mexicana and Cubana both fly Cancun to Havana (and back :)). I would recommend the lonely planet thorn tree on Cuba for info on diving there as well as the logistics of overcoming el presidente's prejudice against US citizens traveling there.

http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom