Cuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dschmidt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have obtained permission to travel to Cuba as part of a television production project in February. Part of the project may involve scuba diving. Any Canadian or European divers out there have any experience with diving in Cuba?

You will probably get more results in the Greater Caribbean forum than you will here in the Central American forum.

what he said...moved.

I've dove out of Sandals in Varadero. Okay since it was free but not the greatest....though I hear the wall at the Bay of Pigs is good.

a friend told me that I NEED to dive Cuba. Any recommendations on where on the island to stay , and a dive shop to use ?

I went on a dive trip to Marea Del Portillo in October. For a full review, look here:Cuba trip report | Facebook

In short, super fun place. The dive staff great, the gear was rubbish, The dive sites were pretty good, though a tropical storm just before our arrival had the viz kinda mucked up. No large pelagics whatsoever. The Cristophe Colombe wreck is one of the best wrecks I ever dove.

I'd definitely go again just because the destination was such a riot, and the people were totally great.

R

I went on a dive trip to Marea Del Portillo in October. For a full review, look here:Cuba trip report | Facebook

In short, super fun place. The dive staff great, the gear was rubbish, The dive sites were pretty good, though a tropical storm just before our arrival had the viz kinda mucked up. No large pelagics whatsoever. The Cristophe Colombe wreck is one of the best wrecks I ever dove.

I'd definitely go again just because the destination was such a riot, and the people were totally great.

R

Thoroughly enjoyed your trip report on Facebook. Hope that the Obama admin opens up Cuba for tourist travel from the US soon. I really want to make a visit without the hassle and possible legal problems associated with getting there from here.

Just my opinion, but it's about time. The US has been at odds with Cuba much longer than it was with either Germany or Japan, and in the case of Cuba, not much really happened.

Back
Top Bottom