Cuan Law cancellation - be forewarned when you book

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dropping us then making apparent efforts to fill the boat with a full boat charter the problem. It makes me wonder if the dynamics of the industry favor whole boat charters.
Yes, I believe that is true.

Ahh, I hear ya. I thought you were saying that they bumped you for another customer.
That's what I initially thought too.

Not trying to defend what they did to you, I know that alot of Liveaboards put "Whole Boat Booking" on weeks that the boat is available for charters. Its a nice way to say we need something to fill that spot and right now we don't have s..t going on.

Is there anyone from Cuan Law that can comment on their policies? I'd like to hear it directly from them as to their cancellation policies before I think about booking with them. I am getting ready to do something with my son over April 09 School break but am hesitant to book a liveaboard then have to scramble to get something set whilst loosing all early booking discounts.

Is there anyone from Cuan Law that can comment on their policies? I'd like to hear it directly from them as to their cancellation policies before I think about booking with them. I am getting ready to do something with my son over April 09 School break but am hesitant to book a liveaboard then have to scramble to get something set whilst loosing all early booking discounts.

Why don't you email them a link to this thread and see what they have to say?

Wow... interesting thread. Seems like a poor lack of customer service on Cuan Law's part.

compare this to Nekton or Agressor that will go out of their way to re-book you on a different trip if there is a problem, often offering to pay changes on your airline tickets also.

We've considered booking on the Cuan Law a couple of times, but honestly this policy has always sent us looking elsewhere, and I think when we get back to the BVIs we're going to just do it land-based.

I sent a link to them ... lets see what the response is. Like the Judge said, "there is usually three sides to every story"

Sorry to disappoint but this same situation with this same operation has been posted here before.

They are not on my future "to do" list because of it.

The only surprise to me is that they booked you separately in the first place.

...WOW, so this boat has a track record of doing this ??? ...overall I've heard good things about this boat, might even have done a trip on it sometime, based on favorable press I've read.....but what they did to you is a major no-no in my book......they will make more $ sailing maybe 4 divers 'short' than praying for a whole dive shop booking, especially on just 2 months notice....and if the reason is the US economy 'sucks' right now...why in the world do they think the 'switch' in plans will make any difference for them ??? Reliability/ethics/reputation are important to me and they have just violated all those things!

I'm willing to bet they could at least cover their costs being 4 divers 'short'...if it were me, I'd said on a breakeven cruise as a boat operator...to preserve my reputation...I'd cut the boat more slack if they only had 1 or 2 divers signed up and a mostly empty boat.

Let me get this straight, they had 16 divers booked towards their 20 passenger full capacity and they canceled? That doesn't sound right.

I am sorry for your troubles. We did Cuan Law last year and had such a great time. It was a wonderful crew and the dives were just fantastic. I guess all businesses are having a hard time with rising prices. Again, I'm sorry you got a bad deal with them. It's a very interesting and cool liveaboard.

Back
Top Bottom