CT Freshwater dive is on... Wednesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shellbird, thank you for hosting. It was quite nice of you and very much appreciated.

It was great meeting you and dbg40, finally. I enjoyed the company and look forward to getting together again soon.

The dive was fun. The water was warm. The vis was between poor and non-existent. I suspect that on nicer sunny days, the light may penetrate better and improve the visibility, but we really couldn't see too much.

Shellbird told us ahead of time that a friend of hers dropped a cell phone from a dock into the water last week, and we were supposed to look for it. She did a good job navigating and leading from our entry point into the water right to the dock and she very quickly found her friend's cell phone.

I thought it was funny that as we were near the dock, I could see a couple kids swimming off of the dock above me. I thought it might be pretty funny to reach up and grab a leg. :eyebrow: Of course, I didn't. But I did think it'd be pretty funny.

We explored some more afterward and the vis just became worse. We were not able to get below the thermocline. Oh well. Perhaps another time.

It was fun meeting Shellbird and dbg40, trying out my new steel tank and just getting wet.

Michael

Yeah and I got to try out my new Hyperstretch... I'm totally hooked on this suit! It was a dream to doff and don and easy to move in... WOW, worth every penny... or should I say pennies.... and pennies... and more pennies... I need to find cheaper activities!

michaelp68:
It was fun meeting Shellbird and dbg40, trying out my new steel tank and just getting wet.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom