Cssp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass:
Just below the 'cline was noticeably chilly, but comfortable in my 5mm.
QUOTE]

Not sure why, But when i went diving in Lake Whitney, We went down to 80' and the temp was only about 5 degree's cooler than the surface, which was really nice. Guess full sized lakes have lesser drops in temps than springfed quarries.

The vis at whitney was less than 5 ft at the surface but after the second thermo, it went up to 10-15 with a bright light, possibly further with a brighter light.

Man you guys have got it made over there. To get as good of diving as we did today at CSSP we either have to pull the barge to Lake Ouachita or go to the Gulf and run 50 miles offshore. We really had a blast and will be going back soon. The water was chilly below 30 ft, But viz was great, 25+ ft at the shark and just a little less in the deeper parts.
Scot

Glad y'all had a good day of it. Sorry I missed you, but life (the kids) got in the way Sunday and spoiled the double header weekend I had planned. We've been talking about diving Ouchita and Tenkiller. Maybe we'll meet on your stomping grounds.

Hey Moostang, I don't know what it is about Whitney, but it's the warmest lake I've been to. I've been down around 85' in swim trunks - on consecutive dives. I just can't seem to ever talk anybody into heading down there with me.

Texass:
We've been talking about diving Ouchita and Tenkiller...Whitney...it's the warmest lake I've been to. I've been down around 85' in swim trunks - on consecutive dives. I just can't seem to ever talk anybody into heading down there with me.

Maybe y'all Swampers could compare CSSP and Whitney for this relatively new DFW Metromess transplant. I'm looking for rec and occasional training dive sites within about 90 minutes of DFW for easy day trips. I'm headed to CSSP this Saturday (24th) with Scubadillos for my first time, mainly to validate my purchase of a used 6mm wetsuit. Considering the CSSP temps, why don't more folks go to Whitney, or north to Murray? For training, why shouldn't more DFW folks save time (and avoid I35 north of Waco) by going somewhere closer than Travis? Or will this become clear to me at Clear Springs?

I was at Lake Whitney last weekend (7/17-7/18).
The surface temp was about 83F.
Bottom Temp at 90 ft was about 67F (in the old river channel).

Yes, visibility got MUCH better once you got below ~40 ft.

Back
Top Bottom