CSSP today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cruiser

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Dived Clear Springs today. Water temp 67-68, viz better than I've seen it in weeks. Dropped my glasses off the rescue dock in the deep end, so did my first search and recovery. Lots of black bass in the hydrilla. Attracted perch and a couple big catfish around the cabin cruiser when I tossed them a few bread crumbs. Black bass weren't interested in the feeding, though. Lots of fun and lots of dive classes going on.

Last time I was out there someone in the know was talking about the "hydrilla" misconception - apparently there isn't any real hydrilla at CSSP. I don't remember what he said the plants were really called, though.

Glad you had fun. I'd like to go diving again - but I think the temp has already passed my warm-blooded threshold.

Coon tail moss is the common name. There is another aquatic plant out there that I havn't been able to ID yet.

Probably need to shoot some pics and post them for ID.

TwoBit

TwoBitTxn:
Coon tail moss is the common name. There is another aquatic plant out there that I havn't been able to ID yet.

Probably need to shoot some pics and post them for ID.

TwoBit

There's a "feathery" looking vegetation growing there. Is this the coon tail moss?

Also, I lost the screw-down "clamp" portion of my EWA flexible camera housing near the middle of the deep end, between the last dock and NE edge of the lake. The clamp is black with a yellow cord. I'll buy 2 airfills for anyone who finds this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom