CSSP today 2/15/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
It was a great day to give my Andy's drysuit a test spin. Unlike my SAS neoprene drysuit, I actually finished the dive still dry!! A major improvement.

I had the pond all to myself for some reason. The sun was shining and it looked like spring was here. You would never know we started yesterday blanketed with snow. The water was a balmy 46 degrees.

I don't know where the fish were. The only marine life I ran into was some minnows. (see pic)

The vis was about what its been for the last few months. I've heard speculation the springs are out of Arkansas since the water is much colder than most Texas springs. That's why its so murky even when we don't have rain. I guess Arkansas must get a lot of lousy weather. Whatever, I'm beginning to think we might have to drop "Clear" from the name if it doesn't change soon.

I had a blast and can't wait for the Leap Year get together.

46 degrees......... Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way am i diving in that.

i thought spring water was 72 year round......

Not for me (yet) haven't done the drysuit training and 46 just seems darn COLD to me...

Last I talked with Debbie, she related that a geologist has traced the fault lines that the springs sit on and it ended up in the Ozarks.

They are cold springs. The bottom temp rarely gets much above the upper 50's. I have never found a source spring in the lake to measure the incomming water.

TwoBit

CSSP is perfect summer diving. 105 outside, 80 on the surface, and 60 at the bottom. What more could you ask for? Oh, I forgot, killer perch. :zap1:

With any luck, the "pirhana perch" that are there right now will be Mrs. Paul's Fish Sticks next week.

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom