CSSP this past weekend (4/28-29/07)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I had a group of five students in Clear Springs this past weekend.

Saturday was a little cloudy but warm. The air temp was mid 80's. Surface temp was 73*. If you go back through old posts about CSSP you will find many of them discuss two thermalclines. They are often not very far apart and the temperature changes significantly through each of them.

At about 11 feet you really start to feel the temp drop and at the top of our platform at 18' the temp was 62. I could see across (barely) our platform and it is 8 feet wide, so vis was about 8-9 feet. It was better in some places, worse in others. The second thermal is at about 22-24 feet. I didn't get a temperature below that one.

Camping Saturday night was fantastic with the low about 60*, clear skies, and little breeze.

Sunday was much the same with clearer skies so there was better sun penetration in the water.

There was an incident on Sunday with another shop. The details I got were really sketchy. The best news I do know is the individual was conscious and alert when sent to the hospital.

I saw Firefyter on Saturday. It was good to see him.

TwoBit

I had about the same temp readings as you, but I stayed at 30' long enough to get a reading there. It was a balmy 56°.....as soon as my temp leveled out, I ascended back up to 20' for the rest of the day. Too cold on my hands, so I was getting miserable...LOL.

It was good to see you again too, I really hope you get the chance to get some fun dives in soon....

Off topic but hey Thomas....
What flavor Ice Cream or after dinner treat are the guys into these days at the PFD ? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom