CSSP this Friday (Aug 6)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

frankdr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
An open invitation to come out to Clear Springs this Friday and meet some fellow Swamp Divers. We usually have 4 to 8 folks from the board out there. Since the park is quiet on Fridays, we're easy to locate.

You won't have to fight for a table or watch out for hordes of students.

Someone (usually me) will be there by 9:30. Drive down to the left and we're halfway down the road near the porta-potties.

Last weeks vis was somewhat low because of all the rain we had, but this week should be fine.

-Frank

I'm going to try to come out on Friday. I'll try to get there by 10:30 or 11.

We'll be there mid afternoon. We're staying in the camper site for the weekend, but we'll come over to that side to look for everyone and do some afternoon dives. (Gold and black truck with "RCT Complete Construction" on the sides, Wilderness pull-behind camper.) We'll also be diving all day Saturday. See you guys there!

Possible for me, may try fri. or sat...see how things go this week.

Wunder if the batteries gave out in that bass' livin' room lamp?

As of now, I should be free this Friday, and plan on being there. I drive a red full-size Chevy truck. Should be there between 9:30-10:00am.

Jim

We've decided to spend our $ to order tanks instead of going to Ouachita this weekend. So this means that we'll be there Friday! Might just be the two of us, not sure about BabyFoo at this time. It's my last Friday before going back to work so I really want to go- it's a great day to be there, no crowds and better visibility. As far as our ETA, probably around 10:30. It all depends on how much work my husband will need to do that morning. But, we found a new route that took about 20-25 mins off our trip, yahoooo. We are also considering going back to Tyler State Park sometime this weekend. Not the visibility of CSSP, but $3 per car to get in is hard to beat, lol.
Foo

:crafty: Okay this sucks - excuse my "french". We won't be making it this weekend to CSSP due to truck transmission problems which were a surprise to say the least. So not only don't we get to dive and camp out, I also get to fork over $$$$ for repairs to the trans. You guys think of us and have fun! We'll try again in a few weeks once school gets underway...

Bummer!!! Was looking forward to meeting you and your wife. Car trouble sucks so bad, especially because after you spend all those $$, there's no new toy or anything to show for it. Sorry about your bad luck. Hope you try again soon!

As far as us, looks like BabyFoo won't be making this trip, will be just the two of us. We will try to be there around 10, hope to see some of you there!

Foo

I may have a change in plans, as well. I have a funeral to attend tomorrow morning, so it would probably be after lunch before I could make it out there. I'll see what I can do, but I can't make any guarantees. :frown:

Well . . . it looks like I'm out too. I'm taking the kids to Six Flags. I might make it out on Saturday - but that's not a sure thing either . . .

Everybody have fun. Catch y'all next time

-Frank

Back
Top Bottom