CSSP Sunday 06/13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Allen,
Last weekend the vis was definately poorer than it had been on my other two trips to CSSP, I'm thinking that the rain must have had something to do with it. Of course, I was on the opposite side of the lake than I had been previously, so maybe it's just not as clear over there. It was warm above the thermo, definately warmer than 75, but I don't have any distinct temp readings to give you. Evidently, they don't update their website very often...Hope this helped a little.

Foo

Wow, a guy posts only 3 times so far, and one is to help me find the beanie! How cool is that, thank you!

I really do appreciate it, and this price is right.
Foo

FOO you are very much welcome!!!

Foo:
Hi Allen,
Last weekend the vis was definately poorer than it had been on my other two trips to CSSP, I'm thinking that the rain must have had something to do with it. Of course, I was on the opposite side of the lake than I had been previously, so maybe it's just not as clear over there. It was warm above the thermo, definately warmer than 75, but I don't have any distinct temp readings to give you. Evidently, they don't update their website very often...Hope this helped a little.

Foo

I just got back. Started out at the north end...saw the plane & coffin. Computer registered 64df at the coldest... and was there long enough for computer to have acclimated pretty accurately. Vis at north end was 15-20 at surface, about 10-12 below thermocline. Did south end on next dive... vis much better at about 17-20 unless you were in the swarms/clouds of ????. Went thru Cisco and boat; tried to get down to dredge columns, but froze out. Estimate water temp to be about 58-60df at tanks, but didn't stay long enough for computer to acclimate. Above 20'. the water is 78-80df fairly consistently, and fairly comfy down to about 30'. (I was wearing full 3mm w/7mm shorty over it, hood & gloves, tho.)
At extreme south end, fish are all guarding their nests..found a field of about twenty in bright green plants...very nice.

LOL, funny thing is that I've had better visibility on the North end, by the plane and coffin, than the south. Evidently you gotta be at the right place, at the right time. There is a very pretty wall dive on the bank by Sisco, did you see it? LOL I know what you mean about the swarms of ???, that white siltish stuff. It's everywhere, is it grains of limestone or what? Sounds like you had some fun dives, wish I could have gone today. Of course, I have been enjoying my share of grandbaby sugar today, and that's a gooooooood day. Thanks for the report.

Foo

Back
Top Bottom