CSSP Sunday 06/13?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm gonna be in Terrell, weather permitting, Sunday for a few dives. As it stands now, it's going to be me and a few medic friends. Anyone else planning on being there?

I might be able to make it, need to make up for some bottom time I lost in Coz. We'll see how the weather holds.

Wish we could go, but our grandson is coming to see us (!). Warning: the perch are vicious as ever. One grabbed my husband's ear last Sat. and went to shaking as hard as it could, determined to take that poor ear with him. It broke the skin all up and down his ear. You better believe I wore my hood! I want one of those hoods that looks more like a swim cap- what are those called? They fasten under the chin, I think.
Foo

Foo:
I want one of those hoods that looks more like a swim cap- what are those called? They fasten under the chin, I think.

They're called beanies.

Thanks ScubaTexan... I heard someone at CSSP call it a bonnet. Looked on ebay for dive bonnets but didn't find anything! lol. I'll look for beanies next.

Foo

Akona makes a good beanie that's about 2 mil thick and fastens under the chin with a velcro strap. They cost about $20. Well worth the price after your first bite on the ear. Henderson Neosport makes the only Lycra beanie I have seen. I don't know the price on those. I wore a beanie all last summer. Totally saved my ears.
Ok Soap box time .......If people would stop feeding the fish then we would not have near the problem we are having at area lakes with the "pirahna pearch" Last week I recovered a vienna sausage can sitting next to the big shark. I thought that really sucks, not only are people feeding the fish they are dumping cans in the lake too. Last time I checked Vienna Sausage and Cheese Whiz were not on the fish diet. Ok stepping down now......

Hear, hear!! Well said, Debra!

Amen, Sister! Last weekend I came across a pile of canned squeeze cheese...disgusting!

I can't BEGIN to tell you HOW many can's I've pulled up... I totally AGREE!!!

Anyone know the current conditions? Their website says 75/65 above/below the thermo. That's the same temps it was a month ago! What about the warm weather lately?

Also, does anyone know how CSSP reacts to rain? All this rain lately will have changed the lake, but I don't know if for better or worse.

BTW, I'll be out there Sat 6/12 about 10:00ish. Look for a gold Avalanche with a scuba hitch cover.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom