CSSP Posting from the lake 9/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I haven't paid a visit to the Dive Rite tour yet. I'm sitting with the Kunks letting them cook steaks and potatoes over the grill. I'm plugged into their pop-up and loving it.

Hit the water for dive 1 with my single OW student expecting water temps over 80*... WRONG. Surface temp at 78*. These cool nights have really cooled water temps off.

Temps are the same all the way to 35*. The thermal is a little deeper than that, but I don't have a solid depth as I never found it.

Vis is mucky. 8 feet above 30ft. Less that below 30. Vis is probably down to 2-3 below 30ft.

Good news, thevalkyry is now official. We got in three dives together. She's got good trim. Likes to dive and can tolerate muck diving. She will fit in well.

TwoBit

Last edited:
Is CSSP now a wifi hot spot?

Woohoo! So nice to have independent, written confirmation :)\

Cruiser - your pic is so appropriate... after missing the shark right and left (literally) all Saturday, TwoBit sent me right into to the teeth on this afternoon's dive. At first there was pea soup and there was me squealing and trying to make a full stop... hahaha...

The weekend was awesome it was great to dive with Adv Scuba and hang out with the Kunks... I can handle their idea of camping :) And I got to see them tetris that popup back into a little box - pretty cool!

Congratulations, thevalkyry, on being a swamp diver and experiencing our pond. (I'm not a swamp diver yet but hope to be soon).

The shark's pretty cool, huh?

Day two:

The thermal is at 36 and cold as usual. The vis goes to complete and utter brown out at that depth. All the mud and muck last weekends storms kicked up has settled on top of the thermal.

Cruiser: I have a wireless air card. Work provides it for me.

Saw Alan briefly. The last dive of the day was right at an hour with Ftworth diver joining us too. Nice to meet him.

As a side note: Sorry yall, but I'm done for a little while. The casa has been neglected for too long. Gots work to do.

TwoBit

Hey Tom,, it was nice seeing you for a minute prior to your class....always a joy.

I saw a cutie strolling down the park road, slowed for a better look-- and it was Rhonda!!!

Saw Kory also.... (ppssstt----- ALERT: Kory has seen the 'dark side', when he and Ron C. exited the water he had that glazed look). :)

The shark's pretty cool, huh?

Shark is pretty cool when the teeth arent right in your mask: as the saying goes, 'if it was a snake....'

But way fun. Wouldnt have missed it...

Vanessa, it was really nice getting in a dive with you. I'm usually stuck just diving with the boys all the time.:D It was a good test for trying to use my compass, without any help from Kory. Yes, I got us lost, but hey, we got back to the dock without having to surface swim too far.:rofl3:

Even though the vis sucked, and the water was colder than it should be, (I was wishing I had packed my 7mil) the weekend was nice.

I am now on a mission. Must learn to navigate with compass, without getting lost. Or stuck in the weeds. Gotta buy a safety sausage and a reel, since I'll be practicing at Murray. I may end up clear on the other side of the lake!!:D

Rhonda

You have that great big back yard, take one of the boys to keep you from walking into a tree and practice with a towel over your head.

Of course then your neighbors will just wonder why you are walking around in your backyard with a towel over your head, but you will at least learn to trust your compass.

:D

Vanessa, it was really nice getting in a dive with you. I'm usually stuck just diving with the boys all the time.:D It was a good test for trying to use my compass, without any help from Kory. Yes, I got us lost, but hey, we got back to the dock without having to surface swim too far.:rofl3:

Likewise! And hey - if we didnt 'decide' to go to the east side of the lake then we would have had a shorter dive... :) Let me know when you guys come out again and we can leave the guys in our wake... Maybe next time I will try leading. Although we might end up popping up in another lake if that happens :wink:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom