CSSP Navigation practice 10/4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YellowfinKunkfish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Vanessa (thevalkyry) and I met up at CSSP today for a little nav practice. We did pretty good, we eventually found what we were looking for, even came across the "old" boat by accident. Found the new boat on purpose twice, Vanessa found Sysco, and we both got pretty good at finding our entry point, and ending up there at the end of the dive. Vis was HORRIBLE, we held our depth pretty good while watching our compasses, and didn't lose each other one time. We had a third buddy with us on our last dive, and managed not to lose him either!

Some very good dives today, I learned a lot. I also need a LOT more practice.

On a side not, Vanessa brings the BEST lunch EVER! Had never heard of Eatsies? spelling? Anyway, I think I'm addicted now, and may have to drive down to Dallas just to get some more!! Thanks Vanessa for a great lunch, and great dives. It was nice meeting TxScubaBear, and his friend, and our dive buddy on that last dive, but (shameful) I can't remember his name. :shocked2: It was his first trip to CSSP, and Vanessa and I showed him two boats! Woo Hoo!

Rhonda

There is (was) an Eatzies in Plano. It's at Coit and George Bush.

Glad you all had a good time. I do agree that it can seem like there is a current in CSSP. Can't explain it.

Vanessa (thevalkyry) and I met up at CSSP today for a little nav practice. We did pretty good, we eventually found what we were looking for, even came across the "old" boat by accident. Found the new boat on purpose twice, Vanessa found Sysco, and we both got pretty good at finding our entry point, and ending up there at the end of the dive. Vis was HORRIBLE, we held our depth pretty good while watching our compasses, and didn't lose each other one time. We had a third buddy with us on our last dive, and managed not to lose him either!

Some very good dives today, I learned a lot. I also need a LOT more practice.

On a side not, Vanessa brings the BEST lunch EVER! Had never heard of Eatsies? spelling? Anyway, I think I'm addicted now, and may have to drive down to Dallas just to get some more!! Thanks Vanessa for a great lunch, and great dives. It was nice meeting TxScubaBear, and his friend, and our dive buddy on that last dive, but (shameful) I can't remember his name. :shocked2: It was his first trip to CSSP, and Vanessa and I showed him two boats! Woo Hoo!

Rhonda

Any shark sightings???? :D

I was going to try to be nice and not mention that Rhonda's land nav sucks. She was almost an hour late because she thought CSSP had relocated to Greenville. :D (thank god for knitting!)

But her in-water nav is top notch. We made it all the way across the lake in a ruler straight line. (Of course, we had to double back to find our intended target)...

But way better than my nav - my nav is more like Scuba-Golf. I hit a bogey looking for Sisco: a shot down the fairway to the west bank, used an iron to get back to the east bank, and then putted for the shark. *sigh* It was a simple par-1 with a 20 ft 'hole'. My nav needs serious work.

On the upside - my neutral bouyancy is becoming more natural and I am almost in total non-flail territory. :D

Good job on the nav work! And I love Eatzies--go to the one in the Oak Lawn area for lunch.

And you were giving me grief?:wink:

Yeah - but you're the all-knowing instructor. I'm just a flunky along for comic relief:kiss2:

I figure we got where we were going, and used our compasses to do it. We did good! Now, as far as my land nav goes.... I was supposed to go through Greenville, but I missed it. :D You should have heard the panic in Kory's voice when I called him and asked him if I should be going through Wylie.:cool2: Okay, that's not funny, cause he had to go all the way home, and bring up a map on his laptop. But hey, someday that story will be hilarious.:rofl3:
*Pull over!!! Pull over right now, don't go any further, turn around!!!*

I made it though. Vanessa and I were so busy chatting though between our dives, that I forgot to call him and let him know I was still alive. By 4:30 I had 14 calls and two messages on my phone. ooops.

I'll do better next time!!:D

Rhonda

Rhonda!
That is absolutely hilarious ! ! ! :rofl3:

Rhonda...think "GPS" for the car...

:crafty:

Back
Top Bottom