CSSP Nav course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
The navigation course is sunk and with a few minor touch ups it will be finished. Thanks to TexasMike, Texass, CavernQT, ScubaTexan and Corsair for your help in setting the course.

Here it is as it stands:

From the first wooden dock there is a platform a little off to the left. Thats the start point. Start from the rope to the bouy. Each gate is at about 20' and is a white PVC diamond.

#1- 210&deg
#2- 150&deg
#3- 331&deg
#4- 140&deg
#5- 40&deg
Return to platform - 10&deg

If you miss #2 to the left, you'll find #4. None of the gates are over 70' apart.

Next comes the bouyancy course.

TwoBit

TwoBit --

I've been thinking about numbering the gates. Perhaps getting some inexpensive bits of white plastic (like a real thin slate) and some of the large vinyl numbers from Home Depot and then putting #1, #2, #3, etc on the tate with zip ties?

This way we won't have the divers getting really frustrated when they find gate 4 and then head off in the wrong direction thinking it's gate 2.

Whatcha think?

(Besides...it's another reason for us to go diving!!! :) )

The dock TwoBit means is one of the ones toward the "deep" end, just to the right of the small ravine if you're facing the water.

The platform we are basing our start off of is marked with a white bouy. A blue platform bouy is to the right, but this is not used in our course.

So be sure to head for the correct spot to begin your run.

Oh, and bonus points to those who run the course at night!

I had the same idea on the slates, but just using magic marker instead. I'd also like to put a Start sign on the rope or corner.

How did you put in the degrees symbol?

TwoBit

I think we need something like that at Twin Lakes.

What do you say, Gang?

Mike and I discussed it several weeks ago, he and I chatted about the anchors and types of gates to make the bouyancy course too. He's got plenty of that stainless steel cable and the PVC gates will be easily fabbed. Guess I better get some glue.....hehe

So...how long does it take to run the course? Mike's time doesn't count! :eek:ut:

Tony...I hope this project goes better than the waverunner! :eek: :D

Originally posted by Dee
So...how long does it take to run the course? Mike's time doesn't count! :eek:ut:
Hey! Just cuz ever since I got my split fins....:eek:ut:

Swimming at "reef cruising" speed, about 8-12 minutes if you're dead on with your compass swimming

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom