CSSP GoPro test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Odd that you can see the round lens on this

With the drop-in flat lenses (like the Mako) you get that in any mode other than R5 (1080p) due to the wider field of view (R5 is 127degrees, the others are 170 I believe).

Most editing packages should let you crop the image down, but you're going to lose some resolution if that matters.

I put this together from footage I shot on Sunday: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRRbVQgzb08 This was shot in R5 (1080) and editing in iMovie, exported as 720p (I've been having issues getting it to export in 1080 - think I might upgrade to iMovie 11 and see if it helps)

This was just to get comfortable with workflow before I dig into the 80GB of video I brought back from my GBR trip...

Last edited:
Odd that you can see the round lens on this
Yeah, I agree. I gotta put a call out to Mako and see WTF's doin. Sure, I can edit it, but why should I have to? I noticed on yours that you're not getting the "effect" and both lenses look the same (in pictures at least).

Franco

I purchased a ball mount that attaches to my camera housing and a ball that mounts to my gopro from Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras. I have the go pro sitting on top of my camera during the dive. Works great! It's angled to look where my camera looks so I just point it around like a video camera and take pictures when I want and the gopro catches it all... Works great.

I didn't see any cookies being tossed
He's tossn' in his reg, so you're not gonna see chunks, only him kneeling in the sand; head down and almost falling over at the end. That's what prompted me to swim over to him, when he was weaving pretty bad. Could you imagine someone taking their reg out to barf? Not gonna happen!

Franco

I purchased a ball mount that attaches to my camera housing and a ball that mounts to my gopro from Bluewater Photo, Video & Underwater Cameras. I have the go pro sitting on top of my camera during the dive. Works great! It's angled to look where my camera looks so I just point it around like a video camera and take pictures when I want and the gopro catches it all... Works great.
Yeah, that's a pretty good idea too and something that I'll try along with the helmet.

Franco

I threw an MRE through a reg once, stuff came out the exhaust ports and I had to rinse it out, I expected to see some serious bubbles and a cloud. Must have been a wimpy Co2 up-chuck!

Could you imagine someone taking their reg out to barf? Not gonna happen!

Franco

I thought you were supposed to signal out-of-air to you buddy first, and then heave thru *their* reg in those situations? :eyebrow:

hey.. i still dun quite get it.. care to show some pictures?
just started getting a tray...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom