CSSP Diver Report 7-26

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LaBlkH2Odiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Well, we go to CSSP around 11am this morning. Met at the gate buy a man and I hope I get his name right Rob or Ron im horrible with names. Anyway nobody but the 6 of us were there so we had the run of the place. First I must say this was my first time to CSSP. I was blown away at how clean EVERYTHING was. :D

We signed in and was told where a good place to set up that was closest to the shark ,which my son was about to worry me to death to dive it first. First dive was about 40ft if I remember right. Vis was 15-25ft in places and coldest we found was 75F. Lots of fish and monster bream near the shark that made me feel like they were stalking us.

We would be swimming along id turn around to see three or four big bream casually swim away as if they were sayin hey we are not stalking you just passing by.:no Only to get going again and turn and see the same reaction:fish: . We finished up the first dive near a sunk boat and took a few pictures.

Second dive was at the plane huge bass vis about 25ft and temp about the same. Saw some white catfish which we followed around a bit after exploring the plane. Max depth was 50ft on that dive. My step daughter literally went the entire cirumfrence of the lake snorkeling. It was her first time and she had a blast.

I think the next time we will camp cause its a long day driving 4hrs diving then another 4hrs home again. Had an outstanding time and will be back very soon.

The white catfish you saw was an albino cat....he's pretty playful sometimes.

Let us know when you're coming back -- we'd love to meet you out there and dive with you. :)

And those little innocent looking fish WERE stalking you. They're famous (or perhaps I should say infamous) for nipping ears and lips. They were just waiting for you to let your guard down.
That's why many of us wear hoods at CSSP even when the water is warm.

Da-dum Da-dum Da da da da da da da da da da DAAAAAAA

(Jaws theme song...)

Sounds like a nice place to dive.......now, if I can just get my son (23) OW certified I'd have a "built-in" dive buddy!

Last Sunday one of the damn bream right there around Cisco left my ear bleeding. And I swear the son a buck started smiling when I looked back at him... I'm coming back for his ***, I swear I'd still recognize him!

Have spear- will travel! Your new motto....

blackinks13:
Last Sunday one of the damn bream right there around Cisco left my ear bleeding. And I swear the son a buck started smiling when I looked back at him... I'm coming back for his ***, I swear I'd still recognize him!

If you look on the CSSP Website, you can find a WANTED poster for that same fish that probably got you. It's a pretty funny pic.

Foo2

That's too funny!!
It is under photos, 2004 photos, about 2/3 the way down.....thanks Foo2!

Back
Top Bottom