CSSP Dive Report -- Sat Jan 21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

richerso

Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, you guys and gals will want to hear the official trip report from Frank . . . . . just 'cause he's the story teller. But in the mean time, understand this . . . .

Timeliner, TexDiveGuy and I went out to CSSP. Mostly cause it was close and central to our home locations. No other good reason. We did two dives. On our first dive, we swam around and toured some of the sites within "finning" distance of our entry. Nothing new to report here. Y'all know the lay-out of CSSP. We did hit the cabin cruiser ship. Timeliner liked that 'cause he hadn't seen it in a while. We hit the 60 ft. silos. Y'all understand that. On Saturday those "60 ft" silos were at 54 ft. You are warned.

Timeliner did recieve a new underwater camera rig for his birthday. It's really cool! I am jealous! It's nice. Let's see how the pictures turn out. Frank?? I am jealous. Just so you know.

On the second dive, yours truly was in charge of dive planning and underwater navigation. I did a very poor job. We swam around a lot on compass headings and kept missing our targets. We all burned a lot of good air for no good reason. I aborted my dive early because of buoyancy problems with my suit. Timliner and TexDiveGuy continued for another good 20 minutes.

In the end, they had a lot of fun and saw a lot fish. I was rather embarrassed.

See you guys next time.

JR

Ok richerso......what would you say the VIS was??????? LOL Oh yea I think we all recorded around 51f for the water temp..

Maybe I can start a thread and make somebody drive all the way from up from Houston and then I could get flamed !!! :wink:

Here goes.....
I'd say that the visibility at CSSP on Saturday must have been on the order of at least 120 feet :D

and if you Believe that I have some other fish tails you might like too :14:

Troublemaker!:wave-smil

Andrew

Timeliner:
Maybe I can start a thread and make somebody drive all the way from up from Houston and then I could get flamed !!! :wink:

Here goes.....
I'd say that the visibility at CSSP on Saturday must have been on the order of at least 120 feet :D

Timeliner:

A bit merky huh? I have never seen it less than 150ft. :D

Timeliner:

Here goes.....

Oh Frank I am thinking the vis was at least 128ffw,,,,and you say you have 20/20 vision. ... :seen: :seen: :seen: :seen:

120 feet?? 120cm I might believe... :)

Timeliner:

Here goes.....

LOL.. Dont you mean 120 inches visibility :D

One word for the pics with new camera at CSSP "Backscatter".

D.

Timeliner:

I believe it... above the surface.

Back
Top Bottom