CSSP Dive Report - 08/29/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and daughter's class will be doing their OW checkout at CSSP in a couple of weeks.

Since this group just came back, I was hoping for a conditions update if someone would be so kind...

tbuckalew:
My wife and daughter's class will be doing their OW checkout at CSSP in a couple of weeks.

Since this group just came back, I was hoping for a conditions update if someone would be so kind...

I went Sunday and conditions were OK for a lake,,,,,vis was 10-15' and water temp was nice the first 20'/84f........dove to around 42'/77f. Lots of fish and tons of baby fish schooling.

texdiveguy:
I went Sunday and conditions were OK for a lake,,,,,vis was 10-15' and water temp was nice the first 20'/84f........dove to around 42'/77f. Lots of fish and tons of baby fish schooling.
i was amazed at all the schools of baby fish, less than 1" long, that we saw. we can not wait to get back there and do more diving.

The conditions on Saturday were not good at all....only fair vis.

It was only my second trip to CSSP but I thought the viz was great!

Yeah Dee, I thought the north end of the lake was about normal. It was going to the south where it deteriorated a bit. Ken, Tom, Frank and I lost y'all.

Ken, you must have seen a lot better viz there than I have, you cad! Had a great time though, glad you led us to the alligator.

Have we hijacked this thread? :D

txclifton:
My friend and I snuck in a dive with a group of swampers. We came out and setup near your campsite, since we read that you would be there, and overheard that someone was going to the coffin. Since we hadn't seen it yet we asked if we could tag along and you guys were nice enough to let us follow. The group didn't find it on the way out but on the way back we found the coffin. I always thought it was open?

Anyhow, I introduced myself to a couple of you but maybe next time we will come fully prepared to participate. We dove 2 tanks and then due to other commitments we had to leave.

Thanks for letting us tag along and we'll see you next time.

TXClifton

I met you, we were parked next to you. Wish you had jumped in, it wasn't an exclusive party. I hadn't met most of the people before either so I didn't realize you were a newbie also. Sorry about that, I would have introduced you around. Hope you will come out and dive with us again!

Dang that looks scary! Glad I wasn't there! Just kidding.

Great pics. Frank.

I need to buy a camera, I need to buy a camera, I need to buy a camera.

sealskin98:
Yeah Dee, I thought the north end of the lake was about normal. It was going to the south where it deteriorated a bit. Ken, Tom, Frank and I lost y'all.

Ken, you must have seen a lot better viz there than I have, you cad! Had a great time though, glad you led us to the alligator.

That was blind luck, Mike -- either that or Des luck...LOL

The south end was horrible. You guys swam in front of me, and within just a few feet, you were phantoms. The bottom must have gotten really stirred up. The north side wasn't so bad, but south was pea soup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom