CSSP DIVE DAY (Friday 6/20)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Made 3 dives at CSSP Tuesday.

Viz was ~20-25ft. on the first dive, then dropped off for dive 2 & 3 after a rain and wind storm stirred things up. For anyone planning to dive CSSP I'd get yourself a hood or a beanie cause the perch are super aggressive. They nipped one fellow’s ear hard enough to draw blood, which just got them all excited. Can you say fresh water frenzy...

Slight change, Nyle and I will be at the park at 10am Friday not 9am.

Ken, if you want to bring hot dogs that's fine. Like I said in the first post I didn't want to get into an organized thingy, just find out if others would want to join us for a weekday of diving. I suppose we'll need to go ahead and plan a more organized get together. Kinda like last years picnic.

Anyway, for those who show up Friday see you there.

Jim

I don't necessarily have to have a hot dog. I can bring a sandwich if I need something to eat.

It's weird...Kim and I hardly saw any fish on Sunday, so someone must have fed them between then and Tuesday. I wish people would stop that. :rolleyes:

I'll try to be there close to 10 then. I'll need to get my 80 filled tomorrow, but my 63 is already filled.

Must not play hookey.

Much too much work to do.

Must not play hookey

You guys are evil for placing this temptation in front of me :egrin:

Must not play hookey.

TwoBit

:( Well I can't make it Friday...

But me and a couple of guys from work are trying to make it out to CSSP on Tuesday around 4:00 and get a couple of dives in. Anyone who would like to join is welcomed.

They deserve all your time!!!

Sophie+Lexxy+and+Izzy2.jpg

hmmm

texass its saying i dont have permissions to see that photo, could you correct the link

Dan

We had a great day of diving on Friday out at CSSP. It was me, Jim (SeaHunt), Nyle and our newbie, Sam. Sam and I dove with Jim and Nyle twice early, and then Jim and Nyle stayed for a late afternoon dive and a night dive. On the first dive of the day, I got down to 48 feet with Sam just above me and the temp was a brisk 57 degrees. The fish finally came around and started following me like I was the Pied Piper. Later, Nyle and I descended down the guideline to the deep platform. I got down to 58 feet and Nyle did me a foot better, and the temperature was a balmy (lol) 55 degrees, making it the coldest dive that I have ever done. We swam along the wall until we got to Sisco, then entered him from the stern end :confused: coming out through his mouth -- LOL. After checking our air, we swam back to the dock (perfect navigating, Jim!) and came out of the water. Further details on Jim and Nyle's last two dives will be posted later.

All in all, a fantastic day! And having dove twice with us, I nominate Sam as the newest member of the Swamp Divers. Welcome aboard, Sam! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom