CSSP, April 9

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Saturday, Texdiveguy, Chris Hipp and myself completed our Nitrox checkout dives on a beautiful day out at Clear Springs. The only real problem we encountered was the blustery wind (I kept looking around for Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore and Christopher Robin....LOL). Texdiveguy dove with a group that had gotten their earlier, so Chris and I buddied up (Chris is now a full-fledged Swamper, so please welcome him the next time you see him). Our first dive went to 41 feet with a temperature reading on the bottom of 57 degrees (about 62 on the surface). After a surface interval of nearly 2 hours, we geared up again and dove to the airplane simulator, where I took some pictures of the inside and outside. The second dive was to 43 feet and was, again, 57 degrees on the bottom. All in all, it was a super nice day for diving. I'll post my pictures as soon as I can.

BTW according to Dementid that box aint no simulator - it's a for real airplane. He ought to know since he's a bonafide mech for Eagle. I know it's hard to believe, but hey, engineers are capable of all kinds of strange things that seem to defy logic.

Scuba Texan great being at the lake with everyone Sat.. My first dive was to 30' at 25min. to the plane,,,,,second dive was 41' at 38min. to the wall.....I still had 900psi at the end,,,but was getting chilly so Emily and I agreed to head up and out. Vis was good and temps coolish still.

Overall not a bad day's worth of diving. A lot of firsts for me, first time at CSSP, first time using nitrox, and my first time diving in water colder than 70 degrees. I was wearing a two piece 6mm suit with a 6mm hood and even after 30 minutes at the bottom I did not get cold at all.

There werent a whole lot of fish out where we were diving. As I was leaving I saw about four turtles on a log up near the entrance.

texdiveguy:
Scuba Texan great being at the lake with everyone Sat.. My first dive was to 30' at 25min. to the plane,,,,,second dive was 41' at 38min. to the wall.....I still had 900psi at the end,,,but was getting chilly so Emily and I agreed to head up and out. Vis was good and temps coolish still.

Emily! Hey, that's Me!! Really enjoyed diving with ya'll! Hopefully I can get back out with ya'll more often... guess I should frequent the TSD portion of this board for events... oh yeah, and buy some of my own gear!! which I am working on!

Thanks again! Loved to be in the water again, even if it was chilly and I flooded my camera!

It was nice to meet you, Emily! I hope you can dive with us again soon. Sorry to hear about your camera...I hope it can be repaired.

I've just added you to our Texas Swamp Divers list. Welcome aboard! :)

Here are some pictures I took (or had taken) last Saturday at CSSP. Enjoy...

Awesome!

Thanks, Alan :)

This wasn't worth it's own thread so I thought I'd just tag it here.

4/17/05

It's starting to warm up a little. Today was 64 degrees. There were a lot of particles around the platforms due to a sizable group from Oklahoma doing their classes, but vis was still in the 25' + range. And the piranha perch are starting to come out of hiding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom