Cssp 8/24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulintexas

Reaction score
Hi,
My buddy and I are heading out to CSSP Sunday 8/24 if anyone wants to join us. Probably leave Plano around 8am, so arrival around 10am. 2 tanks most likely, assuming they have a refill station there :)

Still need to dive with someone to officially 'join' so help a brother out :)

Cheers,
Paul

Yes, there is a fill station out there... On the south end of the lake, look for a large metal building. Fills are $5.00 each.

thanks, ended up browsing the CSSP website and saw the price list.

any idea if they run out of tanks on the weekend (should i rent locally and take one down to make sure?)

also, conflicting stories on the water temp. the website says 80deg+ above 22', mid-70s below that. Is that right? I've been led to believe it is much colder than that there. If mid-70s is as cold as it gets, my .5mil will be fine :)

Between 30 and 60 feet the tempature can get as low as 54 degrees.

And they seem to have plenty of rental gear out there, so I wouldn't worry about them running out of tanks...

I can't make Saturday or Sunday this week, but some of us are heading out this Friday. I should be out there around 8:30 and plan on 3 or 4 dives.

A .5 mil would be fine this time of year. Surface temps are high 80's with low 80's down to 30 ft. If you stay above 30 ft, you won't miss much and you can still burn a lot of air. Below 30 ft, I use a 3mil with a 5mil core warmer and it works real well. About the only reason to go below 30 ft. is to see it register on your depth gauge.

I'll be there on the 24th, but I'm not yet a member either, so I can't help ya out there. I don't know what I'll be driving yet but if you tell me what you're in I'll look for ya and we can all take a tour of the place, this is my first time as well.

C ya,
John

our plans are to leave Plano around 7:30am for a 8:30am or so arrival at the shop to get a tank and fill. We hope to hit the water with our first dive by 9am, do a surface interval, refill, then another tank.

so maybe meet at the fill station at 8:45am?

Here is a photo, I'm on the left (but a little bit skinnier after my atkins diet :))

Cayman9.jpg

And if you don't see us on top of the water, here I am under water :)

Cayman13.jpg

i would love to join you guys but am without wheels. i cant leave my wife without the car. (whipped?)
anyway i am in south Dallas off 67 and 20. just a little stop?

:(

I plan on being there tomorrow. I just got off the phone with Pazeshyft, so maybe it'll be the 2 of us.

Guess everyone will be hanging out at the fill station a little before 9:00??? I'll either be in a silver Malibu or a white Saturn (classic dive mobiles).

Back
Top Bottom