Cssp 10/02/04

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Firefyter:
Anybody else diving this weekend? I can't be there before 10:30 or so tomorrow, since I don't get off work till 7am, and would have to get packed up. Tomorrow or Sunday either (or both) will work for me, if we can get a few to go. Foo, are you and the Donald gonna make it? If so, which day? I wanna dive every chance I get before it gets too danged cold, so I'm looking for buddies. Speak up folks!! :D

Well, since it rained tonight and is supposed to be cool tomorrow(Saturday)...
And since there may possibly be a Foo sighting on Sunday..
And since I'll have the whole day free Sunday..
Me thinks I'll just have to come out on Sunday..

Well off to CSSP!

Firefyter:
LOL....it'll be a sighting of an elusive Foo....kinda like a ghost, only harder to spot...

Post pics for the rest of us non believers :wink:

From National FooYouGraphic, Oct. 04:

"Lately the ravages of an environmentally challenged world have threatened the aging Foo population. Allegedly, they are more prone to contracting and succumbing to disease and injury. However, the experts now feel that the Foo's may be recovering from the blight, and will soon return to haunt the world."

You were warned here first.

We will arrive between 11-12. Have your cameras ready.

Wonder if Des is going to make up for standing us up last time? Maybe even cook some dogs?

Foo

Sharon and I were out there at 7:20 (god are we sick). Poor Robert was still in his truck staying warm. I felt sorry for him, until I handed him $40 for the day’s activities. hehe

When it’s just us, we take our time setting up a small tent for changing etc., so by the time we hit the water, it was almost 0900. Had a great dive on the plane, but very low visibility as the sun had not broken through the surface very well. Visibility was somewhere on the order of 5’. Between the sun, and the murkiness I think was caused by the rain, it was spooky at times. chuckle The water was warming than the air, so I’d say 80º-82º. A small thermocline at 20’-25’, but the temp only went down to 79º.

On our second dive we got turned around some in the murk, so broke off searching for the platforms in the middle of the lake and decided to go have a fun swim checking out the bottom contours. Visibility was a little better, but still not what we’re used to. Still, a fun time though.

We met Timeliner during our next SIT, and he joined us for our last two dives of the day (Sharon and I got 4 in, a new record for us).

We SS to the plane and decended near a class that was in session. Dove through the a/c and then Timeliner led us on a wall tour of the NE and E wall areas. At 47 minutes, I was down to 750psi, so we called the dive, and did a healthy SS back to the NW floating dock. We saw a few turtles, and an albino catfish. We had 10’-15’ of visibility.

Last dive of the day was from the SSW stone entry ramp, near the airfill station. The only down side to this was the dog poo we had to dodge. I’ll be glad when they finally give away all the puppies.

A SS to Cisco and then a short photo op. 10’-15’ was the visibility. After our first time through Cisco (btw, we love our eLED C8s!), Timeliner led us on a SE and E wall tour. Being more tired, I called a turn at approx. 1200psi. Finishing our safety stop at 400psi, we did a short SS back to the entry point and called it a day.

I guess we're now officially Texas Swampers! Yeah!

Yes, it was another great day at CSSP. Sorry we missed you.

Charley

CharleyT:
Sharon and I were out there at 7:20 (god are we sick). Poor Robert was still in his truck staying warm. I felt sorry for him, until I handed him $40 for the day’s activities. hehe

When it’s just us, we take our time setting up a small tent for changing etc., so by the time we hit the water, it was almost 0900. Had a great dive on the plane, but very low visibility as the sun had not broken through the surface very well. Visibility was somewhere on the order of 5’. Between the sun, and the murkiness I think was caused by the rain, it was spooky at times. chuckle The water was warming than the air, so I’d say 80º-82º. A small thermocline at 20’-25’, but the temp only went down to 79º.

On our second dive we got turned around some in the murk, so broke off searching for the platforms in the middle of the lake and decided to go have a fun swim checking out the bottom contours. Visibility was a little better, but still not what we’re used to. Still, a fun time though.

We met Timeliner during our next SIT, and he joined us for our last two dives of the day (Sharon and I got 4 in, a new record for us).

We SS to the plane and decended near a class that was in session. Dove through the a/c and then Timeliner led us on a wall tour of the NE and E wall areas. At 47 minutes, I was down to 750psi, so we called the dive, and did a healthy SS back to the NW floating dock. We saw a few turtles, and an albino catfish. We had 10’-15’ of visibility.

Last dive of the day was from the SSW stone entry ramp, near the airfill station. The only down side to this was the dog poo we had to dodge. I’ll be glad when they finally give away all the puppies.

A SS to Cisco and then a short photo op. 10’-15’ was the visibility. After our first time through Cisco (btw, we love our eLED C8s!), Timeliner led us on a SE and E wall tour. Being more tired, I called a turn at approx. 1200psi. Finishing our safety stop at 400psi, we did a short SS back to the entry point and called it a day.

I guess we're now officially Texas Swampers! Yeah!

Yes, it was another great day at CSSP. Sorry we missed you.

Charley

Was also out there today and yesterday all day. Completed my PADI Rescue Diver certf.,,,,,was fun but work! Also did a few dives in between with an OW class from my LDS. Great weekend. :)

Well, Sunday we did make it out to CSSP, and got to meet Truckdriver, Firefyter and also see Texass again, whom we have already dived with several times in the past. We had a calamity before leaving home that delayed us: the garage door fell on the top of our car, sheesh. Like dropped out of the garage ceiling! My husband was actually underneath it at the time, but fortunately he was on the driver's side and the passenger side is the main part that dropped, so the car kept him from getting hurt. We were very grateful that he was not injured.

Sooo, we ended up getting to CSSP about 40 mins late. I found the guy's gearing site, AFTER unloading all of ours at another place. Spotted Firefyter's Swampdiver t-shirt on the tarp. So, every time they would be out of the water, we were on a dive, and vice versa. LOL. I finally hung a sign on Firefyter's SUV that said "Foo wuz here", because I figured it would be just my luck and they would leave while we were on a dive! Before they left, they made the trip over to our camp and we hung out for a while, although we didn't get to dive with them- they had finished two dives and were ready to leave, and we had just finished one. But, it was very nice to get to finally meet them, and I'm sure we'll dive together soon. By the way, Truckdriver, what do you do for a living? ;o)

The water was pretty silty, the sun stopped shining early,and cloud cover took over. Vis varied from 5-10'. We hung close to the eastern wall and went south. I love the way those walls look, with their craggy rocks and patches of hydrilla with tons of baby fish to swim with. Very surreal. The babies actually surrounded us and swam with us. I leaked my mask because I laughed when I got the thought that one of them was probably saying to me, "Are you my mother?".

This one perch decided to torment my husband, so he spent most of the dive with his hands over his ears, lol. (By the way, Des, how's your ear? ;o). We saw a big catfish (on both dives), probably at least 2-2.5 ft long. Couple of weeks ago, we saw a big albino cat, but none this time. There was a big turtle, we watched him scurry all the way down the wall, past us, and into the blackness below. Lots of bass, in all stages of life. All in all, even with the low vis, we had some fun dives. When we came up from our last dive, it was lightly raining. Fortunately, we didn't get too wet while loading up our gear. ;o)

I just feel so fortunate to be one of the few who actually get to use SCUBA. Very blessed.

Foo

parrotheaddiver:
Post pics for the rest of us non believers :wink:

Yes, Ann, there really is a Foo :). We actually got to meet her, and I have to hand it to her. She overcame the adversity with the garage door, and still showed up. I think she knew she had to, or nobody would have ever believed she existed. The only bad thing is that I forgot my camera. Foo had hers, but I think my ugly mug broke it, cuz she won't post the pic...LOL So, no pics yet, so I guess you'll have to take our word for now that she's real :D

Back
Top Bottom