Crystal River Manatee snorkeling..which shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am retired from taking people out to swim with the Manatees. It is easy to do R.River one day, & Crystal River the next. Plenty of times I have dove both in one day. Sundays are a little less crowded at Crystal River. Saturdays are a " madhouse ." You can rent a boat at Crystal Lodge Dive Center, or just book with them , or go with Bird's. [ tell them I sent you ]The one advantage with Bird's is that you can book an early trip & be first out there. The later in March you are going , the harder it is to find manatees, & if you are renting a boat, being unfamiliar with the area, makes it even harder.

Thanks everyone. Unfortunately my wife and I have had to bail on going this year...though it is for a good reason!

A dear close friend is returning from Afghanistan at the end of the month and he is going to be staying with us for a couple of months until the people renting his home move out. So we are spending our already granted vacation time to get the house and the guest suite in order for him.

I will take all of your information to heart though as we might take him and his girlfriend sometime the following month!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom