cruize to caribbean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

docstodd

Registered
Reaction score
I will be going on a cruize to coz, grand cayman, roaton honderas,and belize I will be on a bit of a buget. so I would like to know if there are any good shore dives in any of these destinations. and how would I find them. I want to dive these spots but since I am taking the family diving money will be scarce so aby help will be great

You might want to try the search function.

In short, several good options for shore diving Grand Cayman close to the cruise ship terminals. Get ashore, turn south (water to your right) and walk. Five shops within one mile: Abanks, Eden Rock, Don Foster's Casurina point, Seaview, and Sunset House.

If you want to take a ride, catch a bus to the Turtle Farm. Next door DiveTech has a shop in the lower level of The Cracked Conch restaurant.

Any of these shops can rent you all of the gear you need to dive.

For Belize, you're probably looking at going with the ship's operator. Boat diving is bigger bucks, so possibly look for other choices.

Numerous operators to choose from in Coz. you don't have to go with the ship's op there.

Roatan you can go either way. Some of the resorts have great shore dives.

Dive with Martin is a small operation that is located just seconds off the dock if your cruise ship is docking on the southern docks and not the docks located closer to downtown. There is shore diving right there, including a small air plane located in 20 feet of water. If you can get ahold of the cozumel diving map in most dive shops there are descriptions of the reefs and you will see where the shore diving is located.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom