Cruise Trip Report - January 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Demeritt here from Cane Bay. I am blushing a bit that I had my name mentioned in your trip report and truly appreciate the kudos that you gave to all the staff and quality of diving here. We really try to make it a personally great experience for all our guests but even more so I appreciate that divers keep coming out and giving me an excuse to go dive.
I truly love my job and look forward to you coming back

Demeritt - thanks so much for some great dives. It was great on the little boat, and St. Croix is truly some awesome diving.

Of course, now that you've chimed in, I have to mention the "incident."

On the first dive, Demeritt tied up to the buoy, got the boat ready for our entry, turned on his air, inflated his BC and put it in the water. He followed, getting his gear on in the water and waiting for us to join him.

On the second dive, he did the same thing, except for the inflating of the BC.... Luckily we were moored over a sandy patch on top of the wall at about 25 feet, and not over coral or the other side of the wall (3200 feet). The look on his face as the BC sank below the surface was priceless! So Demeritt gets some free diving practice, grabbing the BC, doing a slow ascent and the divers on the boat laughed their butts off. All in good fun.... :rofl3:

I do have to mention that wasn't the only gear overboard. On the way back from the second dive, someone (craftydiver) "tossed' their mask overboard. Demeritt quickly jumped in to retrieve, but it had already dropped below the surface. As the boat turned around to retrieve Demeritt, an SMB popped up on the surface and had a mask attached. Thanks to Nick (I think) for spotting the mask and sending it up!

Hi Mike
It was good to meet yourself and Tom (Tool Belt) here in St Kitts and I am so pleased you enjoyed the diving (especially as I recommended it).
Sorry that I did not have more time to chat to you but as you said yourself, it was a busy dive day for us.
The reef you did was "The Rock" and the wreck was the M/S River Taw.
Great photos by the way.
Glad you enjoyed your day, stay safe and I hope to see you again soon
Terry

Hi Mike
It was good to meet yourself and Tom (Tool Belt) here in St Kitts and I am so pleased you enjoyed the diving (especially as I recommended it).
Sorry that I did not have more time to chat to you but as you said yourself, it was a busy dive day for us.
The reef you did was "The Rock" and the wreck was the M/S River Taw.
Great photos by the way.
Glad you enjoyed your day, stay safe and I hope to see you again soon
Terry

Thanks for the site names Terry - it was great meeting you.

It might have been a bit less hectic if the "Carney Folk" were a bit better at communicating time.... :D

Thanks for the report. I leave on the same cruise on Sat. so really looking forward to it.

Wow, there are some great pics here.

I love the skeleton dive skin.

Wow, there are some great pics here.

I love the skeleton dive skin.

Thanks Dave - the diving was awesome.

It was easy to spot the dive master on that dive.

There's a St Thomas photo with a green spotted thing on a fan. What is that?

There's a St Thomas photo with a green spotted thing on a fan. What is that?

If it is the second to the last St. Thomas picture, it is a flamingo tongue.

Back
Top Bottom