Cruise Ships?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you do a search on my name you can see the write up I did on the Windsurf. They offer 4 days of diving, pick up right from the ship by locals, 4 divemasters on board, new equipment. They just started this program when I went on it. Most cruise ships offer shore excursions which include hooking you up with a dive shop for a premium, but I usually book these on my own. send me a message if you have any questions.

My wife and I went on a cruise and were planning on diving at Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. We packed and took all our own gear and were really looking forward to the trip. Long story short,,, the boat wanted to charge us $80 a dive for each of us, the same price as everyone else that was going on the dive trip that rented all the gear. Well, that was a little steep for up so we decided to just go shopping. Saw a little dive shop next to the pier where the ship was docked and ended up renting tanks at $5 each and had some great dives right there. Did the same at Grand Cayman and Jamaica. Skip the boat-sponsored dives and go with a local dive shop.

Back
Top Bottom