Cruise ship diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have stayed at Captain Don's and have been considering going there or Buddy Dive. My concern is whether they always have someone available to conduct the marine park briefing. Cant seem to get an email response about it.
Everyone who sells diving on Bonaire does it - it's the law. I believe it's simplified for cruise divers (don't touch the coral, no gloves etc) especially if you're out with a guide.

I believe the daily BMP fee is less also - $10 is the last I recall seeing.

I don't see any advantage to going to Buddy's - their reef isn't the best - popular sure because of all the divers that stay there but Bari two mns. to the south is much better.

IMO you're only cruise pax until you sit down somewhere (not in front of Town Pier) to wait for a ride. Plus you've been there b4 so won't seem like a typical cruiser since you can speak intelligently about quite a few dive sites.

Likely won't even get asked unless you bring it up.

whether they always have someone available to conduct the marine park briefing
Most do it in the mornings so IDK if they would do it specially for you. I believe Dive Friends does it anytime b4 5pm - I've read of people doing it the afternoon they arrive so they can start diving early the next morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom