cruise ship divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We checked with Princess this morning and our cruise is still on, wondering about bringing the dive gear though.

Unless you're diving more than once or twice, I'd recommend you bring your mask, snorkel, fins, regs, and dive computers. Rent wetsuits and BCs since those are the bulkiest items and hardest to clean on a cruise ship.

We have a balcony so we clean everything in the shower then hang it on the sprinkler pipe to dry. I was more concerned if there was going to be any diving due to the damage from the waves.

To the best of my knowledge, charters are going out as scheduled. They were obviously not diving on Friday, but the boats were back in the water on Saturday. The only damage I'm hearing of is in the extreme shallow water or in unprotected areas (like harbors), and some of the in-shore dive sites were a bit silted up yesterday, but everything else sounds like it's pretty much back to normal. I'm sure we'll hear more in the coming days.

We are on our way.

Hi there! New on this site and board, so please forgive any gaffes. Cruising on NCL's Pride of America in January 2013. Will be in Maui long enough to sneak in a dive. Looking for reputable dive operator near cruise ship port at Kahului. My senior-citizen non-diving parents will be along, so looking for dive operator who can handle two casual Open Water-certified divers (dive 1-2 times per year) AND snorkeling for my parents while husband and I are "down under." Really appreciate your recommendations, seasoned pros -- thank you!

There are no dive operators in Kahului. You will have to go to Kihei, Maalaea, or Lahaina, all on the leeward side of Maui. Dive boats typically leave before 7am and aren't set up for snorkelers.

The Pride of Maui is one company that has both snorkeling and diving, but check in is at 7:30 at Maalaea Harbor, requiring a cab ride from the cruise ship dock.

Lahaina Divers has afternoon charters that are okay for snorkel ears, but that would require getting all the way to Lahaina, which would be an expensive cab ride, unless your cruise line is providing transportation to Lahaina.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom