Crotch Strap + DPV = Squished Jewels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TightLines

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Howdy folks.

I'm using a Halcyon BPW and crotch strap with a Black Tip DPV. For short bursts no discomfort but on longer pulls the crotch strap can cause some real discomfort by squishing me berries.

I'd really like to avoid using a separate 3 point harness as diving is complicated enough as it is. I'm sure a common problem and appreciate any insight.

If you're blessed with big berries...

There's other options such as climbing harnesses which go around the thighs, not under the 'nads.

Example:

Sure, that's overkill, but you might be able to build your own harness similar to that design which will take the load off your "speed controllers".

This is perfect. Can be bought in different shops or make one yourself.

Only had that issue when diving a wetsuit. Drysuit has enough stiffness(?) that I don't get to an uncomfortable level of pressure.

If you're blessed with big berries...

There's other options such as climbing harnesses which go around the thighs, not under the 'nads.

Example:

Sure, that's overkill, but you might be able to build your own harness similar to that design which will take the load off your "speed controllers".

Sump UK has been showing some buckle and H-harness hardware recently that uses an around the leg rather than a crotch attachment. Should be easily retrofitted in place of buckle and crotch strap.

440470009_943258260922689_1186342931085805436_n.jpg

440582701_943258270922688_102373446575949633_n.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom