Crossing over to the SF2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jblack

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
CCR experience,
(Hello Moderator)
Optima, Meg,
So crossed over to the SF2 in a back mount config.
set up as follows
1 mav, on the o2 side, Golem shrimp, QC6 with plumbed in Dil, inline ADV shut off. no gauges, no quick connects.
using the 3L dil bottle for suit and wing inflation only.
my unit is far different then the stock config. may not be for all.
(paired with 2 lp 50's)
The unit is noticeably lighter then the meg, and optima.
the internal bellow counter lung is well protected and ideal for cave diving.
the machine breathes well in trim, not as easy as a meg but well.
out of trim its a bit more difficult .
the unit is ultra streamlined the lack of an exposed counterlung is great.
house routing is going through the wing (where the scuba force model comes with the holes made into it, i opted to cut my own in a halcyon Evolve 40)
the water tolerance of the unit is great. de watering is very easy.
Shearwater controller as we all know is excellent.
Assembly is very easy more so then any other unit i have worked with.
Disassembly is the same, simple!
the scrubber is very easy to pack and drops right in.
the breathing air on the SF2 is also noticeably warmer then the other units ive worked with.
overall im very impressed with the unit, and will now make it my new "GO TO"
Safe diving!

(Hello jblack)

So sorry I could not join you for any of your dives! Pesky work getting in the way of diving!!!! :mad:

It sounded like you had a great class. I know you will enjoy your new toy, it is a great unit. And I'm sure you can't wait to try your ultra-streamlined config out!

(Hello jblack)

So sorry I could not join you for any of your dives! Pesky work getting in the way of diving!!!! :mad:

It sounded like you had a great class. I know you will enjoy your new toy, it is a great unit. And I'm sure you can't wait to try your ultra-streamlined config out!
Yes, cant wait! I know .......was hoping you could have made it, would have been more fun!Hopefully next time im in town i catch ya!

:useless:

Ive been contemplating an sf2 specifically for cave application but I think of all the passages where I have to be at least a little out of trim and worry about the breathing.

Do you find that to be an issue very much or am I making a mountain of a molehill in my head?

Where do you cave at mostly?

Ive been contemplating an sf2 specifically for cave application but I think of all the passages where I have to be at least a little out of trim and worry about the breathing.

Do you find that to be an issue very much or am I making a mountain of a molehill in my head?

a little out is noooo problem i mean badly out it matters but here and there no issue i dive the high springs area peacock, madison, the rest in that area

I do a fair amount of cave diving on an SF2 here in Florida. I don't find it's a problem.

If you want to come do a try dive, let me know. I'll be teaching an SF2 class the weekends of Aug 4-6 and 12th and 13th, I can squeeze you in for a try dive after the class is done for the day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom