Cross Post for Reg. info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sealskin98

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I apologize for derailing your thread over there. I read the subject only and thought it was a discussion on Scuba Pro-based Tusa regs.

Maybe another post with a topic like "Reg Experts: Which Tusa is this?" might draw the kind of attention you are looking for.

The first stage is a balanced piston that looks like it could be a copy of the Scubapro Mk10 based on the location of the ambient chamber holes. Many of the older balanced piston regs use compatible HP seats so parts should not be a problem.

I don't recognize the 2nd as outwardly looking like and SP 2nd. But, with no user adjustment feature or special labeling, I suspect it is a classic downstream design. The LP seat is just a simple little 1/16 X 1/4 inch hockey puck "rubber" seat. There are probably about 4 different minor variation on diameter and thickness that support the multitude of regs of this design. So again, the basic annual parts should not be a problem and most techs (professional and DIY) can probably figure out how to service them.

Thanks awap. The main thing I was wondering was if it was balanced or unbalanced. Figured it was a piston type.

Great little reg. for a back-up or quarry diving...and the price was right. :D

Jarrett...no problem. I had the thread titled "Older reg. info." and wasn't getting any respones. Had Ken change the title to "Tusa=ScubaPro?" and started getting some replies.

sealskin98:
I had the thread titled "Older reg. info." and wasn't getting any respones. Had Ken change the title to "Tusa=ScubaPro?" and started getting some replies.

It's all in the "headline" :D The more descriptive your title the more likely those who have little time but a particular interest in/knowledge of certain subjects will respond. :wink:
Ber :lilbunny:

How bout this for a subject:

"Bet you Reg-sperts can't figure out what this reg is!"

An online challenge to show superior reg knowledge. That'd get 'em running :)

Jarrett:
"Bet you Reg-sperts can't figure out what this reg is!"

I know! I know! It's a TUSA LIBERATOR!

Sorry. :D

I probably didn't make it plain in the original post that I was interested more in the technical operation such as is it a balanced-unbalanced piston or is it a diaphragm. I'm sure I would have gotten more related info. on what I was looking for. I think it was maybe manufactured in the mid-80s. Guess I could ask the guy that gave it to me.

I thought it may have been an unbalanced diaphragm.

:lol:

I think this post should just bubble into oblivion. :wink:

sealskin98:
I
I probably didn't make it plain in the original post that I was interested more in the technical operation such as is it a balanced-unbalanced piston or is it a diaphragm.

Holes for an ambient chamber indicates a piston design. HP connection on the side indicates it is a balance design. All unbalanced pistions have the HP connection on the end. At least one manufacturer has a pistion with the yoke on the end that is advertiased as a balance design. I've never seen the schematic.

It should be checked out if it has not been. That particular model gets a lot of "Rust" build up on the spring and the piston. I have replaced them many times in the past when I use to work on them. Divers are so bad about not rinsing through ambient pressure holes and getting out the salt water and/or not letting them dry out before stowing them away and the water just sits in there until it slowly evaporates over time. Not Good!!
It is a TR-200 1st stage made throughout the 90's.

Back
Top Bottom