Crocodile??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I read on facebook that a crocodile (maybe two) was spotted in the Lac Bay area. Has anyone here heard the same?

STINAPA has been looking for a large reptile that has been seen in that area. The last I read they believe it is either a crocodile or a caiman. I’ve only read of one, but another may have been discovered. Lac Bay has been closed to snorkeling.
They’ve been posting some on Facebook.

Erik

Everything is open again tho. But they're still looking :)

Caribbean crocodiles are not particularly dangerous. I've dived in waters with them in Jamaica dozens of times. They are nothing like their African counterparts.

Caribbean crocodiles are not particularly dangerous. I've dived in waters with them in Jamaica dozens of times. They are nothing like their African counterparts.

How about snorkeling with them?

How about snorkeling with them?
A couple of times in St. Elizabeth parish near Black River back when I lived in Jamaica.

I believe you … next time I see a Croc,I will just wave “Hiii…” :happywave:and carry on as usual … or if I feel a bit nervous maybe ask “Allo! Ou are yoo? Were you framm??” to be sure and confirm my suspicions … :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom