Croatia???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ICY ICE you don't have to dive in front of the center, new owner have boat and organize trips to wrecks "Lina" "Peltastis" and others...

LIdiveGirl:
A couple of my buddies are looking into a trip to Croatia (I dont even know if I spelt it correctly). I was wondering if anyone knew how the diving was over there. I would also love to hear any stories that may come with your replies.

:05: Allison

The Scuba Diving Vacation & Destinations section has a forum dedicated to Europe. I have taken the liberty of moving your post here in hopes it will get a wider response.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

I few years ago i went to dubrovnik and dove with
NAVIS Underwater Explorers
Copacabana Beach, Dubrovnik
Tel: +385 20 420 876, Fax: +385 20 428 857
mobile: 099 502 773, e-mail: navis@du.tel.hr

The owner is Croatian-American. She moved to the states as a young girl and was raised in the metro area. When Croatia got their independence she moved back to her homeland and started the dive shop. Not sure if she is still there but drop her an email. I enjoyed my diving with her and can't rave enough about Dubrovnik. The countryside is beautiful, the food is amazing and people are above average friendly. The US helped them get their independence and they seem to not have forgotten, which is nice.

My dive destinations is in Kostrena near Rijeka; Krk & Cres it is very beautiful. It has many location wrecks, caves and others. The new owner of our club in Kostrena have boat and organize trips to that locations. If you want I can scan some pictures of the wrecks from my book and e-Mail-it to you.

weekender try with navis@du.t-com.hr becouse navis@du.tel.hr is old and no longer valid.
Address: COPACABANA BEACH
Telephones: 020/356 506 ; 020/356 501
Mobiles: 099/502-773
Fax: 020/428-857
020/356 506

I dove Croatia from the Island or Krk last June. We toured with a local shop called Divesport on the southwest side. They have a good dive map on their website. It’s a well equipped shop and I was even able to rent a camera (film :frown3: ) since I had forgotten my housing in Munich where I was staying. I wasn’t at all used to the equipment and my photos showed it. I think I have one in the gallery. Next time I will definitely not forget my equipment.

There are several wrecks to dive and also some cave diving. It is usually best to let them know you’re coming so you can plan your days.

Hope this helps. Enjoy

DeepDog :cheers:

some more info:

- you need a license to dive (you can buy it for around 17$ at any dive center if you have a c-card)
- there are many dive centers around (there is at least one in almost any place on the shore) but they are mainly tourism oriented (not shops)
- have your equipment serviced at home since there are not many places that can repair your dive gear professionally
- expect to dive steel cylinders
- expect to dive to at least 30m depth
- if you come from october to may most of the dive centers are closed (so give them a call in advance)
- most dive centers don't accept paying by credit cards so be prepared
- water temps. varry from 10C to 26C on surface (winter to summer) and 10C to 18C (at 20m depth, winter to summer)
- outside temps are from 5C to 18C (winter) and above 30C (summer)
- the sea is closed with many islands (middle adriatic more, north and south less) and not too much current
- tide changes are small (aroun 20cm) and have almost no impact on divers
- visibility goes from 5-10m (north adriatic) to >25m (south), depending on the weather
- north adriatic is shallower and as you go to the south the depth increases (on island Vis some wrecks are at 50-80m depth)
- currently 1$ is around 6kn (kuna) in exchange office

Back
Top Bottom