crew wanted for DivingAnswers, please help us out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

youriv

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score

Hi fellowdivers,

A few months ago I started a new website: DivingAnswers (www.divinganswers.com). I am trying to publish information about diving for divers and non-divers. Basicly my goal is to inform the public about diving at any level and to provide answers to unanswered questions.
There is some good information on it now, but I would like to expand it. For example, information about other diving organisations then PADI, e.g. NAUI, CMAS, TDI etc, information about marine life and dive wrecks etc.

I am looking for people who take diving serious, preferable dive professionals e.g. Divemasters and higher, that would like to help me producing a website with quality information about diving.

There is an admin system in the website, that will allow you to easily add or edit questions and answers, add news and links.
NOTE: in the beginning you cant access the admin, because of security reasons. Contact will be done by email at first. However, as a crewmember you will be added to the team. Sorry for the inconvience but this is a result of a guy who I trusted that deleted my whole website. Since the internet is basicly unanomymous I don't like to take too much risk.

It is all on voluntary base, I can not give you any money for it. It is a non-profit website. Adverts are on the website only to cover the hosting costs.

I will make a page for the team, where you can write your own profile info, so you will get credit for the work that you do.

I am looking for news publishers, NAUI instructors, CMAS instructors, TDI instructors etc. Diving physicians are very welcome!

Lets produce a website where information about diving can easily be found!

p.s. all the searches are saved and can be reviewed. This way it's easy to look for answers on the internet.

I hope to hear from some enthusiastic people.
If you like to write and/or you have access to resources that can be published on DivingAnswers then please contact met at info@divinganswers.com or use the contact page on the website.

Keep diving!

Youri

Interesting website......

Joe

scubajoe:
Interesting website......

Joe

Indeed... nice concept, this thing has potential! I imagine though your structure might have to change a bit if it is going to expand significantly, but I assume you've taken this into account.

If I may make a suggestion: It would be nice/useful to have references added to the answers (where possible or necessary, this may not be the case at all times if divers answer the questions, though they too use reference materials) and have them link to a reference library that too can be searched. This will give you cover on copyrights (you've referenced the material), it'll give people a lead on what to read on a particular topic/area, and will provide a way to build a nice web-based reference list for people to use. Unless one already exists online that I don't know of?!?

nic

thnx for the advice. I use a source at the moment. Whenever a source is used it will be listed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom