Cressi vs US Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aussbrahh

New
Reaction score
Hey all I plan to post regularly on this board in the future once I properly get into diving but first I have a quick question regarding gear.

I've got a $130 amazon gift card and I thought I'd use it to buy some kit. I've narrowed it down to 2 options (not many of them ship overseas). I've got a bunch of Cressi stuff that will cost me $130 shipped or alternatively the US divers which is only $60. I know Cressi is the better brand and I want something decent but the benefit of the US Divers is that I'll have some spare money for other bits and pieces. The US D fins are also small "trek" fins. I'll link them all below.

The main use of this will be for spearfishing but I have dived about 8 times on the past and plan to do more in the future.

Pics:

dyMYId0l.png

ugwvzSZ.png

Short and simple, do you think it's worth the upgrade? Thanks in advance for replies.

For any sort of diving the US Divers fins won't have the thrust.

One other thing you might look at is buying on Amazon from LeisurePro. They sell part of their catalog there - mostly masks/fins/snorkels/softgoods etc. And list many more choices than the two above.

And they ship worldwide on their website so I don't see how it would be any different thru Amazon.

Last edited:
you will need booties for your open heel fins..stay safe when your diving.

That US Divers set is the kind they sell by a cash register in tourist places. $20.00 would be about the right price to throw at that, and don't expect to work worth a hoot, or last. In particular that side bits of that USD mask are a fragile bit of plastic that bears a lot of strain, and so break alot, and the snorkel shut off valve often does shut off unexpectedly. Though it actually is a comfortable snorkel because it is not a flex snorkel so it stays secure in the mouth when free diving. I pulled off the shut off valve of the snorkel I got, and threw it in my float to keep as a spare.

The fins are at least serviceable because they allow you to walk with them on, but they have no power compared to anything but bare feet. They are nice and small though they are not sized to take booties.

US Divers makes some great gear. That particular set, though, is a commodity set that should be thought of as a disposable one time snorkeling set. I could get them free all the time from tourists who upgrade to something better, but I don't trust the mask, and I don't wear fins without booties, and the I don't trust the snorkel, and frankly I don't like loaning out gear that does not work well.

That US Divers set is the kind they sell by a cash register in tourist places. $20.00 would be about the right price to throw at that, and don't expect to work worth a hoot, or last. In particular that side bits of that USD mask are a fragile bit of plastic that bears a lot of strain, and so break alot, and the snorkel shut off valve often does shut off unexpectedly. Though it actually is a comfortable snorkel because it is not a flex snorkel so it stays secure in the mouth when free diving. I pulled off the shut off valve of the snorkel I got, and threw it in my float to keep as a spare.ll.
found a mask and snorkel like the ones shown in the sand at about 40 fsw heading back in from Deadmans reef in Laguna. Bummed it wasn't a better set.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom