Cressi Sub Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Greetings fellow chesse eaters,

I'm looking to buy myself a christmas present, A cressi Sub Full Face Mask.
Is there anyone who has used this? Any good points? bad points?
I've done my homework and not found much posted either way for this.
Thanks in advance for any info anyone can share.

:ppd:

It's a pretty old design, been around for a long time. You can't install communications in it although it will afford some environmental and physiological protection. What's the application?

Nothing serious, Just something to play with in the shallows. I'm considering buying a nicer one but unsure if I'd even use one at all, hence buying a "inexpensive" model.

i have thought about getting one. i have facial hair and my mask always leaks a little. i know a guy who dives the river with one and said he uses it for that reason. also it will keep your face warmer in cold water. i to would love a full face mask that you can add communications in and can breath through you nose. u cant breath threw your nose on this mask.

I had one about ten years ago. The major problem I found is it has no oral/nasal pocket. The c02 buildup was a big issue. It caused shortness of breath and headaches pretty fast.

Better full face masks have a pocket to isolate the mouth and nose and this allows the c02 to be breathed out of the mask. I have a Kirby Morgan Exo-26 and a Kirby Morgan Band Mask (KMB). These both have the pocket and c02 is not a big issue. I never liked the Cressi mask myself. Mark

I think full face is a overkill IMO

The Certified Cyber-Diver answer is to Google your question. One handy trick is to include "site:scubaboard.com" in your query to restrict results to Scubaboard. That often gives better results than Scubaboard's own search!

Here's what I found: Full Face Mask Advice?

There is a boat scrubber in San Francisco that posts on ScubaBoard that swears by that model. Personnally I perfer an updated and more flexable mask called the Kirby Morgan M48 Super Mask Kirby Morgan Dive Systems | Full Face Masks | M-48

It will run you a few more $, but it removes most of the typical full face mask issues, like having to carry a second mask for out of air emergencies, you can pop the regulator pod off to breath ambient air on the surface and to talk, you can use your current scuba regulator (depending on the length of the mouth piece mounting tube).

There will also be vote for the more easiely found AGA, OTS and Reef masks. They are all better masks than the Cressi and cost more because they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom