Cressi Space Frog One vs Tusa Xpert Zoom

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry guys, it's true. I've been down the reef patch a couple of times and I understand proper finning techinques. I even read the instructions that come with the Zooms and guess what? They don't work well for ME in a current. After 35 dives with the Zooms, I can say my Quattros are better in a current. The majority of the Tusa users I've spoken with about the Zooms have the same common complaint, not great in a current, but a decent fin. :tree: Bob

kitbuga once bubbled...
Yo Bapak Tomcat, there ya go-lah! you hit it right on the head. Finning technique is more important, IMHO, than fin model. Small kicks are where it's at. Anything bigger than the "hole" or impression your body makes in the water creates drag.

Way to go. Cressi? TUSA? Nah, it's the man (or woman) wearing the fin that counts.

Terima kasih

Kitbuga
Philippines

wat's IMHO??

Hi Tomcat,

*chuckle*chuckle*

"IMHO" is net shorthand (shortkey?) for "In My Humble Opinion" just like "LOL" is for "Laughing Out Loud" and "ROTFL" is for "Rolling On The Floor Laughing."

Cheers!

K

ah-bang Kitbunga, it was tigershark who was asking the question lah. not me.

anyway, here's another anecdote. one of our dm trainees who owns a pair of jetfins was about to go for the 800m snorkel swim, has been asking around to see if he could borrow fins so that he could have some hope of passing.

i commented to him that since jetfins are such well renowned all purpose fins, he should just go ahead and use them. an instructor (who also uses jetfins) overhead my comment and said that he must be crazy to try swimming 800m in them.

i did my 800m swim in the xooms and got a score of 3 (out of 5). could have gotten a score of 4 but was conserving energy, thinking that i would get tired towards the end. i never did and should have just swum harder.

go figure out the moral of the story for yourself :p

Tuan besar Tom kucing,

Maaf for the wrong addressee.

Since I am not a purist nor fanatic for one type of kit or another I am constrained to try on a pair of zooms and see for myself. Thousands of divers couldn't possibly be wrong. Choice of gear is not religion.

Considering the size of the investment- especially here in asia where falling exchange rates can wipe out one's nest egg (or gear budget) in a flash.

I will go out and borrow a pair ASAP and try it out in Anilao.

Terima kasih!

- efficiency (speed/effort employed)
easy to swim fast, and without a lot of effort
- weight (on land and underwater)
Zooms are a little heavy on land, but you cannot tell underwater. they are a little negitive...they will desend without you if left to their own devices.
- swimming against current
LAst Summer I dove off Culebra Island Pr. there is a small isla there known as Carlos Rosario and a fast rip runs through the channel. I noticed that I was not as spent when we made cover as other divers that were wearing planks. I used less air then most as well
- swimming on the back at the surface
easy peasy!!! small kick cycles produced a great amout of thrust. easy on the fat boy!

It's a good, strong fin. The downside is that you'll also need a good, strong pair of legs.

The foot pockets are also a little stiff.

In any case, if it fits you, you can really get some great thrust and speed out of it.

I can not respond on the Tusas, cause I never used them.

Ari :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom