Cressi Palau Fins for scuba travel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crispix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm traveling to Hawaii in a few weeks, planning on diving 3 mornings, plus some snorkeling. I'm bringing my gear, but my cold water fins are enormous and need booties or rock boots. I want to get some smaller fins for traveling and warm water diving.

I saw a review of Cressi Palau Fins in Scuba magazine, and even though they are snorkel fins and not scuba fins, it looks interesting. But I don't believe anything I read in a Scuba magazine, and I can't find any user reviews. They are rather inexpensive and that also has me worried. (You get what you pay for!) Has anyone used them? Any feedback would be appreciated.

We sell them and they are a pretty short fin... Have never actually swam or dived with them, but I don't think they would be appropriate for diving, though they might not be horrible, they definitely would not be great...

If you like the Cressi stuff, are looking for something smallish and light, might I suggest the Plumas... They are also marketed as a snorkeling fin, though they have a more conventionally sized paddle... because they are full foot and a touch smaller than your standard fin, they will be lighter and easy to kick... I think they go for a little under $40 (retail, cheaper online), so they are relatively inexpensive... For more money (and also at the cost of larger and heavier), the Reaction Pros are a great full foot fin by Cressi

Cressi doesn't really make any "bad quality" anything...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom