Cressi MC9 Leaks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Good afternoon,
I purchased a Cressi MC9 (Yoke) with an analog SPG/Leonardo console. First 25 dives over the course of 2 years it was flawless. I added a Cressi Digi2 to the rig installed and tested by a Cressi shop. (I kept the analog SPG installed in the original port as a backup)
Since the installation the first stage began leaking on 80/100 AL tank rentals with PSI no higher than 3300, I've returned the rig, had o rings replaced and tested. I get 2 - 3 dives and the issue returns.
I recently had the 1st stage converted to DIN once again by a Cressi certified shop, keeping both the Digi 2 and analog SPG attached. Using an 80 steel DIN connection at 3700psi, the leak returned.

When I open the cylinder, I do it slowly and open fully with no back 1/4 turn.

So here are my questions:
1 Has anyone had any issues with repeated leaks?
2 Am I causing the leaks by using 2 hi pressure connections?
3 Does anyone have any suggestions? ( other than replacing the reg, with ScubaPro, Atomic)

Thanks,
Chris

can you tell us a bit more about this leak? Where exactly on the first stage are you getting leak from. Ive attached the schematic if you want to be able to specify the part or circle the area.

1) repeated leaks indicates something is not sealing properly somewhere. when you brought the reg in to the Cresi shop and "had O-rings replaced" was this a full service or did they just replace the O-rings on the hoses and port plugs? did you receive all the old parts back? any service notes from the work done at the shop?

2) using both HP ports will not cause a leak

3) depending on what the issue is the easy answer is brining it to a service tech that is experienced in working on regulators and showing them the leak in a bucket of water. They will be able to tell you pretty quickly what the leak is from and how to fix it or they can fix it for you.

Attachments

• MC9-(2009).pdf
    619.6 KB · Views: 15
Good morning,
parts HZ800064HZ800065 were the culprit. I brought it back to the tech and had them reevaluate the 1st stage and found the leaks. I also had them reseat the 2 hi pressure hoses and after 2 hours in the pool at 20 feet there were no leaks or loss of PSI.

Thanks for the specs it was a huge help!

If the bubbles came out between the parts HZ800064 and HZ800065, the leak must have come from the diaphragm HZ800083. Either the diaphragm was damaged or the sealing surface of the main body was damaged.

The other alternative is that the diaphragm wasn't clamped down enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom