Cressi Mask/Fins/Equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shotthebreeze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys,

I was just on Leisure Pro's website (where the prices are amazing if you haven't checked it out) and I picked out a Cressi mask with a nose purge and an ultra dry snorkel that were on sale...I think my grand total will be somewhere around $45. Has anyone used any Cressi equipment or reccomend a better brand?

cressi sub masks are consistently my favorite, for some reason.

shotthebreeze:
Hey guys,

I was just on Leisure Pro's website (where the prices are amazing if you haven't checked it out) and I picked out a Cressi mask with a nose purge and an ultra dry snorkel that were on sale...I think my grand total will be somewhere around $45. Has anyone used any Cressi equipment or reccomend a better brand?

it depends on your face. I love cressi gear, but the masks dont fit my face. I am using a dive rite single window mask now. LOVE it, but again I have a wide face.

Such a large selection that I think getting a new mask is really a tough job. Kudos for coming to a decision from LP's vast selection. I am personally having a tough time on my selection and am torn between Aqualung, Cressi, and Omersub. My old Genesis Pan View was a great mask but is now on a permanent vacation in Barbados as my brother lost it there. Should have known better but oh well. I have always loved Cressi stuff though. I have Cressi Space Frogs for years (love them) and just got the Gara 3000's for X-mas and can't wait to try them out. My snorkel is a Cressi also (alpha if I remember correctly) and serves it's purpose well. Long story... I don't think you will be unhappy with anything from Cressi. By the way, I have found mask's with purges on them to be a bit tough to get a good hold on your nose to clear so you might want to check that out if you haven't had a purge mask before.

I love Cressi-sub's masks with tear-dropped shapped lens (e.g., Big Eyes, Horizon) - they allow me to see the gear clipped to my BCD from the chest down. I couldn't see them so easily prior to using these masks.
Dive safely.

My mask is a Cressi Sub "Matrix," which is just like their "Big Eyes." I love it. Best mask I've ever had. I also love my Cressi fins. A nice compromise between size and power, and they are comfortable. If you get them though, be sure to get a thick booty, or else the edge of the cuff will wear holes in the tops of your feet. (I experienced this in Cozumel, because I took some thinner TUSA booties. I still have scars on the tops of my feet!)

Likes me some THICK bootie!! :eyebrow:

I have a Cresi Sub Big Eyes fitted with Bi focal lenses and a black skirt. Great mask with a wide field of vision.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom