Cressi Mask - bruised nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mrbill4

Registered
Reaction score
OK, I have this situation with my mask. Maybe it is with my nose. I broke it a few years back, and never had it set. Now, I am having trouble finding a mask that doesn't press against the bridge. If I have it loose enough not to touch my nose, it leaks. If I make it stop leaking, it hurts my nose. Anyone have experience with a mask that has a higher bridge? I have to get something new..... Help.

Masks come in all shapes, sizes & volumes.
Don't give up.
All you can do is keep going into shops that have a good selection from various manufacturers.
The ideal would be to visit some large dive show where there may be hundreds of types on show.
And in the worst case you could try a FFM Full Face Mask.

Thanks. Good idea with the dive show. Is there anywhere I can get information on where or when some shows will be?

mrbill4:
Thanks. Good idea with the dive show. Is there anywhere I can get information on where or when some shows will be?

This one may be a bit far off
http://www.saintbrendan.com/

but Googling for "Dive show" together with the state you want generally brings up a few hits.

I have the same problem with masks as you... but for a different reason - BGN (Big Greek Nose).

I tried just about every mask out there. I visited dozens of dive shops and tried everything.

Bottom line...... there's nothing out there for BGN.

I use a Scubapro frameless mask now. Still hurts the bridge of my nose, but it's the most comfortable mask I've found.

Back
Top Bottom