Cressi Leonardo Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just got one of those as well, works fine for my recreational diving that I do. I wish the beeps were a different tone, I have bad hearing and can't really hear those. One main suggestion I have and one that was recommended to me is to download Subsurface software instead of the Cressi software. It has many more features, and more functionality, one of which is average dive depth, and SAC rate. Also, if I had the Cressi software installed, then Subsurface would not download from my computer. Once I uninstalled the Cressi software, it worked great.
As the Leonardo is not air integrated and does not record gas use, how can it calculate your SAC? Do you manually enter your start and end pressure to make this calculation using the average depth and dive time? If you can calculate SAC, you multiply by the tank factor and get your RMV

SAC X tank factor = RMV. In imperial: psi/min/atm X cu ft/psi = cu ft/min/atm

As the Leonardo is not air integrated and does not record gas use, how can it calculate your SAC? Do you manually enter your start and end pressure to make this calculation using the average depth and dive time? If you can calculate SAC, you multiply by the tank factor and get your RMV

SAC X tank factor = RMV. In imperial: psi/min/atm X cu ft/psi = cu ft/min/atm
Subsurface will still calculate RMV even if the computer is not tracking air use. My daughters are not using AI with their computers, but both log using Subsurface. If you just fill in the start and end pressures along with the tank details, it will calculate it.

Since Subsurface only has the start and end pressures, you can’t get detailed air usage at various points, but it will still calculate the RMV.

Back
Top Bottom