Cressi Digi2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shabaday

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Anyone use a Cressi Digi2 for a digital pressure gauge? Like it? Pros and cons?

Anyone use a Cressi Digi2 for a digital pressure gauge? Like it? Pros and cons?

Yup I have one. It has a cover that you remove which you cannot get wet due to its magnet. Two ways to activate the screen remove the cover or open the tank valve.

Pro's easy to see on dives. You get given time to 50 bar from any point on the dive ( range ) It's really compact.
It keeps the previous dive time depth water temp and basic details. It can be used as a backup to a DC on a deco dive as you have the two things you need which is a timer and depth gauge. It does a self test when you activate it. It self powers off if not in use. It has a battery which you can buy and easily change. Console is powered by a user replaceable CR2450 battery. The gauge will provide 1000 hours and is equipped with a low battery warning indicator. I haven't done a thousand hours though.
Easy to purchase a spare to bring along. Overall yeah I am happy I have one. So my old analogue SPG I keep in my dive bag just in case but never had an issue.

You can change between BAR Meters and PSI feet by using the magnet in the cover.

Con's. A lot of dive crew do knot know about the cover so remove it first and keep it in a small zip lock plastic bag. I remove the battery for storage when not diving. a bit pricey perhaps but hey if you are happy to buy one you would like it. People like to look at it and want to touch it. So I put mine in my BCD pocket between dives.

CRESSI  CONSOLE.jpg

P6160064.JPG

Thank you! How do you change it from BAR to PSI? and C to F? Meter to Feet? I tried to find a YouTube video but was unsuccessful

Thank you! How do you change it from BAR to PSI? and C to F? Meter to Feet? I tried to find a YouTube video but was unsuccessful

Haven't done it for a long time... if I remember correctly on startup you need to hold the magnet in one corner of the console to change it.

Yup in section 36 of the user manual I just searched for it. It's either BAR Meters or PSI Feet so you can't have BAR and feet. Metric or Imperial only.

Also max pressure 300 bar and max depth 50m 4350 psi and 164 feet depth for recreational diving. Has a max depth of 120m.

Technical divers will want to go deeper.

We use 2 on, separate gear off course; both are troublesome, batterylife way beyond 1000 hours and after replacing there is always a problem. Service here is very mediocre (Philippines). Once working again it is a nice back-up.

We use 2 on, separate gear off course; both are troublesome, battery life way beyond 1000 hours and after replacing there is always a problem. Service here is very mediocre (Philippines). Once working again it is a nice back-up.

What problem did you have after replacing the battery?

Back
Top Bottom