creek diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch35

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been thinking about diving some of the local streams, possible mermac, little piney, or any of the other ones around Waynesville. Has anyone dove these? which one would have deep clear water and little current. my friends and i would like to take a canoe/dive trip.. If anyone else would be interested in going the more the merryer..

this is a new one...do you mean river diving or just really big creek's?

I don't think I've seen adequate depth in any of those when I was there. Anythign that was deep, was also full of silt. The only river I have heard of being divable (that isnt near the coast) is the Comal in Texas.

Be careful and use caution when diving in rivers! The eddy's and unforeseen currents due to it's topography in the Meramec could get you in trouble. It's not a deep river, however there are some deep holes. The viz... or... lack of... is not to be desired. Fishing line and other debris which could lead to entanglement.... I think I would steer clear of diving the Meramec River. A conoe trip would be fun...diving I'm not so sure about.

I dive the Spring river and have been told by a buddy that the southfork river here in Arkansas is very good. but on a whole I don't dive them a lot

Back
Top Bottom