Creative ways to get non-diving spouse to let you get out and Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

my wife shops when I go diving, but she usually buys me something :D

I hear that cholorform can work wonders...

To shamelessly steal a line from wetrat:

TELL her you're going diving. As soon as she starts to speak, act real mad and scream, "I work my azz off night and day. I feel like a caged animal." Then slam a door. After a few times, she won't say anything anymore!

I managed to get my husband into diving but then the problem is buying 2 of everything--I think diamonds would be cheaper. :D He loves diving now, more than even he expected. Though this isn't always the solution. I'm very lucky in that respect. Me: "Honey, I'm going to do an archaeology project in China for 4 weeks. Don't kill the cats. Seeya."
Him: "Have a good time."
I was surprised he liked diving so much since it doesn't involve a remote control or a computer. :shakehead

Hawaii Divers Org:
You are the Leader of YOU...
But how about getting HER into DIVING????

LOL. All good ideas.. Should have mentioned wife is a diver. She is just not into the cold new england water stuff and warm water diver. She's not hooked as I am anymore. Something hope to some day change but don't want to push it.

A lot has to do with family commitments. I have three young kids grooming as dive buddies so I need to spend time with them. She understands I need my own thing and one that pushed me to get back into diving.

I get out a lot but would like to get out more. Was looking for something original can use on the fun side!

TSandM:
Oh, RH, you're MEAN! Bob's not dumpy . . .

He attracts women like butter to a biscuit!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom