Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thepurplehammerhead:
Well, Dennis - you asked for a "more compelling argument", didn't you?

Answer that one then, nyah nyah!!!

You are correct Larry. Who can argue with that logic? :D

I guess that pretty much kills your research, eh Thal?

HoggieEater:
:reaper: :rock_band :krach: :spaninq: :lightingz :babycrawl :mfight: :devil_2: :monkeydan :icosm10:
But if the creationist's have their way, what was it Governator said, "I'll be baaack."

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
i'm not trying to argue..just trying to say that there are more than one view on how the earth came about...haven't any of you seen the Friends episode where Pheobe said she didn't believe in evolution and she finally got Ross to agree that there is a chance that evolution is not true?

See? I think you are funnin' us... Seriously, are you serious????

This topic will get more posts that Spare Air. :shakehead

Diver Dennis:
You are correct Larry. Who can argue with that logic? :D

Argue with it, I'm still trying to come to grips with the intellectual capacity of someone who is prepared to bring the collected wisdom of Lisa Kudrow to the table of theological debate...:shakehead

It's tough being dumb like me...

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
ok...well, then...how do you know that God didn't create you? how do you know you came from a glob of goo? were you there?

you had earlier made the statement that no one was there when the glob of goo evolved.

i was simply pointing out that you weren't there when God allegedly created Adam and Eve either.

so... personal experience (the mode of argument you were using) doesn't work here, does it?

that was my point

thepurplehammerhead:
Argue with it, I'm still trying to come to grips with the intellectual capacity of someone who is prepared to bring the collected wisdom of Lisa Kudrow to the table of theological debate...:shakehead

It's tough being dumb like me...

Don't worry Larry, I'm in the same dumb boat as you...:D

I guess I just don't understand popular culture.

I post Stephen Jay Gould and she gives us "Friends?" The simile to Darwinian Evolution vs. Creationism can't go unnoted.

Thank you very much for that Thalassamania, I was about to comment on what exactly scientists mean when they use the word 'Theory' and 'Hypothesis'.

For the benefit of others who have not read Thalassamania's post, scientific 'theory' becomes theory when it is indepedently peer reviewed, observed and replicated by other scientists among other things...

I.E. it becomes 'theory' when it is proven to be true, has possible holes in it picked apart and it otherwise subjected to rigorous examination

Thalassamania:
I post Stephen Jay Gould and she gives us "Friends?" The simile to Darwinian Evolution vs. Creationism can't go unnoted.

how do you know Gould doesn't watch Friends? i hear he has the hots for Rachel

hmmm.... this leads me to the following thought:

Sir John Gielgud (sounds like Gould) played God in the movie Time Bandits, which was directed by Terry Gilliam, who was a member of Monthy Python, who made the movie The Meaning of Life, and at the end of that movie, four characters go to heaven and they watch a lounge singer sing "It's Christmas in Heaven."

so you see, this proves there IS a God

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom