Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may be right, there is a least some evidence for an extra-terestrial DNA origin, which is more that I can say for the 7,000 year old earth (which incidently was defined by one Bishop Ussher in Annales veteris testamenti, a prima mundi origine deducti, which was published in 1650 and its continuation, Annalium pars postierior in 1654. In this work, he claimed that the Earth was created at nightfall preceding October the 23rd, 4004 BC.

So as you can see the 7,000 year old earth has nothing to do with th bible per se, just a calculation by a seventeenth century Anglican Primate of Ireland.

Thank God for the world and all its splendors

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
Creationism is not old... and there is plenty of scientific facts to back it up.. there are plenty of scientist who believe in creation...they had to study all the same stuff as everyone else...evolution is not a scientific fact..it's a theory...no one was there the day that everything happened...so you can't say it's a proven fact...evolution came from a man...Darwin...who is said to have denied it all on his death bed...whether that's true or not, I don't know...but still...when I see all of creation and see how intricate and beautiful it is...how could someone NOT have created it. There is obviously a Higher Intelligence that created it all...not some glob of crap... if i threw a glob of goo on the ground..believe, in a billion years, it would still be a glob of goo...maybe a little harder and moldier...but goo none the less...

I'm not going to comment any further because this is the type of argument that will no doubt spiral down. I think it would be very helpful to provide links to substantiate your statements. Everyone has their own beliefs but be prepared to provide some facts.

I don't believe in atheists.
-Neal Boortz

I can back things up...but I haven't seen anyone else backing up their comments... y'all keep saying that if you study this and study that...well, I can say the same...there are plenty of books and scientists and all that...that back up and prove what I say...to be a scientist or a marine biologist you don't have to believe in evolution..it's a theory for crying out loud! and a dumb one at that...if you don't want to believe in God, fine..that's your problem and I'm sorry...but, come up with a better theory....I know I didn't come from glob...yuck

The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster must be a frivolous faith as it acknowledges no otter.
But the relationship between global warming and the decline in the number of pirates proves His Noodliness created us all!

Lovin_sum_Bubbles:
I know I didn't come from glob...yuck

how do you know that?

were you there when God allegedly created Adam and Eve?

rookers:
But the relationship between global warming and the decline in the number of pirates proves His Noodliness created us all!

heretic!! everybody knows the High and Mighty Pink Turtle is responsible for the decline of the number of pirates, his favorite breakfast food

The reason I asked you to back it up was because you and the OP were the ones to bring it up. Look, I respect people from ALL religions but I have to see a little more compelling argument than " I know I didn't come from glob...yuck" to get into a debate.

All hail his (her?) noodleness!!!

scubamickey- yeah I've got this strange suspicion I've been probed by an alien early in my diving career... :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom