Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ams511:
Sometimes it is interesting to look at page 1 of a thread and see how it strayed at page 377. How does ... the Starship Enterprise, and the Steve Miller Band fit into the original discussion? Forget it, I don't want to know.
"A little bit of nonsense now and then ... cherished by the wisest men".

Willy Wonka.

-----

Mike.

AXL72:
Wait, do not tell me. I do not want to know about any of your golden showers...nevermind :freak:

oh, and i was thinking this thread couldn't get any worse

:eyebrow:

AXL72:
I love the indifference and lack of concern, there. How many sewage baths have you taken, MIke?

Wait, do not tell me. I do not want to know about any of your golden showers...nevermind :freak:
Are you vainly attempting to incite something here? :no

-----

Mike.

Nope. Not trying to incite.

Don't get so defensive. We won't judge ya.

AXL72:
Nope. Not trying to incite.

Don't get so defensive. We won't judge ya.
Defensive? Never! :) Why has somebody judged me as being defensive?

-----

Mike.

** Rolls Eyes **

Random interesting factoid: The size of a cell's genome can be compared to the amount of programming stored in a computer, using the equation, 4 nucleotides = 8 bits = 1 byte. The simplest prokaryotic cell would correspond to a handheld calculator with about 200 kilobytes of stored programs; the E. coli bacterium would correspond to a handheld calculator with about 1.2 megabytes of stored programs. Among eukaryotic cells, counting the backup copy of the genome and the "silent" DNA, a yeast cell would correspond to a personal computer with 12 megabytes of program storage capacity; a human cell corresponds to a personal computer with 1.5 gigabytes of program storage capacity. And the human body would correspond to a computer network of a hundred trillion (10^14) or more such units.

H2Andy:
Uncle Pug:
H2Andy:
Uncle Pug:
Actually, I don't have a team. I'm with the formerly dead person, Jesus. :D

I've seen enough evidence to be convinced that He actually lived, died and rose again.

Only speaking for myself, mind you.
can you give me a list of your top five items of evidence that Jesus lived, died, and rose again?

1. The fulfillment of Scripture concerning Him: overt prophecy, veiled prophecy and typological prophecy.

2. Personal fulfillment as a result of faith in Him: answered prayer, purposeful life and a peace that passes human understanding.

so that's your proof?

that's not proof. that's just your beliefs

again, you fail to give me any concrete proof of your position (btw, you can't)
I know I can't prove it to you... nor am I trying to prove it to you.

I simply stated that I had seen enough evidence to convince me.
You asked me to give you my reasons for believing.
I was kind enough to answer your question.

You seem to think that I need to prove something to you.
Why do you want proof... Do you want to be a believer too?
Oddly, you seem very angry and unhappy that I believe what I do.

Uncle Pug:
You seem to think that I need to prove something to you.
Why do you want proof...

hey, you said you had proof, i wanted to see what it was. when you showed it to me, i
simply said that wasn't proof.

you're the one who made the statement you had proof. i asked to see it. that's all.
(it turned out, as i said, to be no proof at all)

Oddly, you seem very angry and unhappy that I believe what I do.

nah, i'm at home, drinking Single Malt, playing scales on my new-used Fender Telecaster Custom (it's a '73 replica) and chatting with my wife as she prepares Christmas presents.

life is good. come over and I'll pour you some whisky

knock yourself out with your beliefs. just don't call them science or say you have proof that the star of Bethlehem was real, cause then i have to call b.s.

i note, by the way, that you did not address the substance of my critique of your position, but simply re-directed the issue to MY personal feelings about YOU, which have nothing to do with the issue

just saying

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom